If you were the GM, would you put Britton on the OD roster, or wait?

Frobby

If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster

• Yes - give the team the best chance to win now
    • No - get the extra year of control by waiting until April 21 or later

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do realize all along the competition is for the #3 starter spot which has 4 starts in April before the 21st.

And that is what I am referring to.

WHAT?! So BAL picked their 1,2,4 and 5 starters and are leaving Tillman/Britton to fight it out for #3? So not only has Britton earned a spot, in your mind, but he has clearly proven he should be jumping over guys that logged not insignificant time in the rotation last year and pitched very well in the last 1/3rd of the year??????

You do realize all along the competition is for the #3 starter spot which has 4 starts in April before the 21st.

And that is what I am referring to.

Tillman, Bergesen and Britton are all going for that #3 spot. Tillman and Britton have had their auditions, Bergesen's is Wednesday.

Guthrie

Matusz

?

Arrieta

That's the rotation right now.

:beerchug1:

WHAT?! So BAL picked their 1,2,4 and 5 starters and are leaving Tillman/Britton to fight it out for #3? So not only has Britton earned a spot, in your mind, but he has clearly proven he should be jumping over guys that logged not insignificant time in the rotation last year and pitched very well in the last 1/3rd of the year??????

Showalter has said Arrieta is #4 starting the home opener, Guthrie gets Opening Day and Matusz the next night. So yes 1,2 and 4 have been decided.

The #5 starter is also up in the air and it could be the loser of #3 but will not be Britton because they won't call him up that soon if he's sent down.

And yes, Britton is the best option of the three and is a better pitcher than Arrieta so that #3 spot is justified.

Showalter has said Arrieta is #4 starting the home opener, Guthrie gets Opening Day and Matusz the next night. So yes 1,2 and 4 have been decided.

The #5 starter is also up in the air and it could be the loser of #3 but will not be Britton because they won't call him up that soon if he's sent down.

And yes, Britton is the best option of the three and is a better pitcher than Arrieta so that #3 spot is justified.

Good. I was hoping you weren't just going to move Britton above Tillman based on 14 innings in spring training. I was hoping you were going to move him above Arrieta as well, even though he's never faced major league batters after April Fool's Day.

Hey, people are upset that Matusz is allowing himself to get hit by line drives in spring training. Why don't we put Britton at #2 while we're at it? Oh wait, I heard Guthrie is arrogant the other day. Let's make Britton our Opening Day starter!

Can the season please start so we can talk about actual baseball?

At least get the quote right, it was "Fool me once strike one, fool me twice, strike three."

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.”

Good. I was hoping you weren't just going to move Britton above Tillman based on 14 innings in spring training. I was hoping you were going to move him above Arrieta as well, even though he's never faced major league batters after April Fool's Day.

Hey, people are upset that Matusz is allowing himself to get hit by line drives in spring training. Why don't we put Britton at #2 while we're at it? Oh wait, I heard Guthrie is arrogant the other day. Let's make Britton our Opening Day starter!

Can the season please start so we can talk about actual baseball?

Soon......, very soon. ;)

At least get the quote right, it was "Fool me once strike one, fool me twice, strike three."

I said it was a play on that quote; i made it my own to fit this conversation. Thats actually more clever, kind sir.

we dont agree about britton, so you have to dissect everything and do an awful job of it. Pathetic.

:beerchug1:

Funny that people argue so vehemently and don't even have the basics down.

If I didn't fear the repercussions I'd just walk around in my daily life making wild, baseless claims just to see what'd happen. And run away when someone called me out on them or quickly change the subject.

I have seen the majority change the subject no less than 10 times.

Makes your post interesting.

:scratchchinhmm:

Archived