Q & A with MacPhail

8ripken2131

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snider, Rios, Burnett, Milledge, Gomez, Pelfrey and Heilman

Bedard, Ramon, D Hernandez and BRob

These are all the names of top guys you would figure could be in a blockbuster for each of these teams.

If you are the Orioles and you trade Bedard to the Jays, you have to strip the Jays of Snider IMO...He is their best prospect, so you must hurt them since you are doing it within the division.

It wasn't a joke. I'm assuming the Mets are serious about signing Arod, in which case they'd be willing to move Wright.

Yeah... to first base. They're not trading a 25 year old (by opening day, that is) young superstar who's already established himself as a team leader and face of the franchise and is signed to an extremely reasonable contract for several more years.

1 step forward, 2 back....Would the Angels be interested in him? Delgado and Tejada for Kotchman, Wood, Santana and Adenhart?

Delgado is a good stopgap option that would be more productive than Millar IMO. He'd be fine on the last year of his deal. I don't see any young first baseman besides Loney or Conor Jackson that we could go after and I think they are saving a spot for Tex if he wants to come here. If we get Pie for Tejada and then do this blockbuster, Rios would be coming our way but then there is no place for Rios and Milledge in the same outfield so I have no idea how this works, unless Pie is going to be spun somewhere else...

Archived