vs. MARINERS 5/10

OFFNY

Great! A win is a win is a win. But. BUT... it sure as hell would be nice to see about six straight 7-2, 5-1-type wins. The ones where you can actually just sit there and savor the victory starting in the seventh inning. Those delicious games where you can go through the coming bullpen moves in your head, and imagine the sinking feeling setting in for the opposing dugout. Kind of like those heady days where Mussina would allow two runs over seven innings... then Mills would come in and mow down the first righty in the eighth... with Rhodes finishing off a couple lefties, before giving way to Myers in the ninth. Meanwhile, you're up by about 4-5 runs. The beer is cold. The summer's wearing on, and all is right with the world.

Exciting games are fine once in awhile. But frankly, it'd be really nice to get on a roll here, without quite so much excitement all the time. Still, a win. It all looks the same in the W/L columns.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks a lot--I appreciate it. Couldn't rep you. Would if I could.

No problem. I have an almost 8 year old dog but we have been feeding an outside cat for the last 3 years or so. My daughter really like playing with the cat and over a month a go she really started to lose alot of weight, my wife took her into an emergency care vet 2 weeks ago and they had to put her down. We told our daughter she had to stay with the doctor because of how sick she was. It broke my heart to see how upset my daughter was when my wife didn't bring her home. I was suprised how upset I got.

No problem. I have an almost 8 year old dog but we have been feeding an outside cat for the last 3 years or so. My daughter really like playing with the cat and over a month a go she really started to lose alot of weight, my wife took her into an emergency care vet 2 weeks ago and they had to put her down. We told our daughter she had to stay with the doctor because of how sick she was. It broke my heart to see how upset my daughter was when my wife didn't bring her home. I was suprised how upset I got.

You don't realize how attached you are to them until they're gone.

Can everyone stop crying now? Sounds worse than a Boston message board in here.

What a ridiculous post. It's a game thread. What do you expect? All posts are considered emotional, reactive, and don't have to be backed by stats, sense or anything else. No reason to expect anything other than that...

Talk about ridiculous posts...I didn't say anything about stats. Next time, maybe our fans will remember that the game isn't over until the last out. No apologies from me.

EDIT: Now that I think about it...it is absurd that you come in here the day after the game and monday night QB my visceral, real-time reaction to the game and this thread. As you pointed out, it is a game thread. It was how I felt at the time and I was making a point. Would I type it that way 12 hours later, no, but it was in the heat of a hot moment for everyone. Was my point valid, I think it was.

So save your commentary.

Talk about ridiculous posts...I didn't say anything about stats. Next time, maybe our fans will remember that the game isn't over until the last out. No apologies from me.

EDIT: Now that I think about it...it is absurd that you come in here the day after the game and monday night QB my visceral, real-time reaction to the game and this thread. As you pointed out, it is a game thread. It was how I felt at the time and I was making a point. Would I type it that way 12 hours later, no, but it was in the heat of a hot moment for everyone. Was my point valid, I think it was.

So save your commentary.

I'm pretty sure the guy who created this web-site doesn't have to save his commentary. You were out of line last night, IMO, and you're out of line again here. His point was to get off of your high horse. Fans are reactionary during games, it's what to expect about game threads. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, because it's not going to change as far as game threads are concerned.

And don't even pretend like you thought we had it all along. We're the Orioles. We never have anything all "along".

I'm pretty sure the guy who created this web-site doesn't have to save his commentary. You were out of line last night, IMO, and you're out of line again here. His point was to get off of your high horse. Fans are reactionary during games, it's what to expect about game threads. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, because it's not going to change as far as game threads are concerned.

And don't even pretend like you thought we had it all along. We're the Orioles. We never have anything all "along".

Thanks for your input. Suffice it to say, I disagree with pretty much everything that you said. Who said anything about having it all along? All I said was it's not over until the last out.

Now that you've had your say hopefully this thread can die.

So save your commentary.

Save my commentary? Tell you what, take a day to think about that comment. You clearly misunderstand the purpose of a game thread and honestly, I'm not sure you are a fit for our community. Take a day off to think about it and if you can't show a little more understanding and certainly a lot more respect you can certainly go elsewhere.

He's one of those guys that doesn't understand the game threads are different from the rest of the board. It's the place where you can sit back and just rant/scream/cheer, whatever. It should be like sitting at the game with your buddies. No one should take anything said too seriously in the game threads.

Archived