vs. ATHLETICS 5/28

OFFNY

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bergesen can at least make it through 5 innings.

When factoring in the bullpen usage, Tillman is a worse option because of the drain he puts on the pen.

Really we could use Duke right about now...[/QUOTE]

We need at least 5 innings out of a starter, not one and a pulled muscle

Bergesen can at least make it through 5 innings.

When factoring in the bullpen usage, Tillman is a worse option because of the drain he puts on the pen.

Really we could use Duke right about now...

Really? He went 1 more inning than Tillman last night. That's not the deciding factor. When you're a sub .500 team -- or thereabouts -- the decision should be based on who has the most long-term potential.

Not too impressed by BB the last few innings. A few meatballs, not too many swing and misses, and not the traditional sink on his fb.

His non-strike pitches were not close to the plate and not very tempting to the batters.

I like Bergesen just fine. You're right. It wasn't a laser. It was a medium line drive. Is this the best rebuttal you've got on this performance? Seriously, this is a groundball pitcher who is giving up hard fly ball and line drives all night. His GB/FB ratio this year is 0.56. That is awful for a "sinker baller".

You have an obvious agenda against Bergesen. It's obvious by your posts. You sound like Chris Tillman's agent.

They both suck in my book I'll be glad when one of them is gone, that's one less autamatic L out of 5.

The team is 5-5 in Tillman starts. Care to rethink your statement?

Oh -- 1 - 8 in Bergy starts coming into tonight.

Bergesen's future is probably the bullpen because he can control his pitches and throw the ball over 90 MPH. Tillman's future is AAAA or the Independent Leagues...

sigh. Are you actually happy when Tillman has a bad start?

Archived