vs. ATHLETICS 5/28

OFFNY

Tillman didn't pitch well last night, but he threw a lot more good pitches than I've seen from Bergy tonight. You put Bergy out there with last night's umpire and Tilly out with tonight's umpire and I would guarantee that Tilly's results would be better.

Can you not see how poor most of his pitches are?

Honestly I see a guy who if the team had played good defense he would be rolling now and have thrown 20 pitches less.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That strike three to end the inning is a good example of what I mean. That was an awful, awful slider. Belt high, outer third of the plate. Suzuki took it because he thought it was a fastball for ball four. Boston, NY, and other teams with good hitters would hit that ball about 400 feet. It was a terrible pitch.
Maybe, but this is the same Oakland Athletics that Tillman needed 100 + P's to go less than 5 innings yesterday, so whatever Bergy is doing, it's better than that.

Why do some fans seem to root against our players? Hopefully, they both pitch well.

I hope they both do well but I have zero confidence in Tillman. He just pitches so slow and misses all over the place. Very tiring to watch.

Really? Adams threw that ball away, but it was smoked. He made a helluva play just to get there.

The Crisp ball to Reynolds was hit very hard. It could have been a double.

Hardy made a great play to take away a single on a hard hit ball (the infield is slow tonight too due to rain or it gets through).

Reimold made a catch on a singed line drive last inning.

Crisp, who has zero power, hit a ball to the warning track in left with the bases full two innings ago.

Nick made a ridiculous play on the first ball of the game or they start off with a double or triple.

They have seven hits in five innings and NONE of them have been cheap.

Try to look at it from the approach rather than the result. The results are ok, but the approach has been pretty bad.

Last out reinforces your point.

Second out too.

Archived