Orioles' 2011 Draftees Signing Tracker

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly though, if a player is not good enough to play at Aberdeen after a year in the GCL, is he really a prospect anyways? Very few prospects develop that slowly anyways. The only thing where I think it hurts is with a few pitchers, but at the end of the day, these guys should be ready to compete at Aberdeen by 19 or they are starting to get behind the prospect curve. Real prospects tend to identify themselves very quickly. Saying that, I would have preferred to have ditched the GCL team and kept the Appy League team because it's a little more advanced and the GCL league is really a brutal environment with the sun, humidity and t-storms.

I can imagine playing in the Appy league is somewhat miserable because, well, you're a young man living in Bluefield for an extended period of time...I'm not ripping on Bluefield, I can just imagine that the recreation options for a young man entering professional baseball are just not available in a small town like Bluefield.

At least with DelMarVa, Norfolk, and GCL, there's the beach. Bowie is only 45 min out of town, similar with Aberdeen.

So when will some of these guys report to minor league teams?

Davis and Howard have already begun playing games at Aberdeen.

Pena, Taylor, and Fowler have all already played forthe GCL Orioles.

Simon, Wright, Jones, Ward, and Edmun have all recently been assigned to GCL, but have not yet appeared in a game.

Davis and Howard have already begun playing games at Aberdeen.

Pena, Taylor, and Fowler have all already played forthe GCL Orioles.

Simon, Wright, Jones, Ward, and Edmun have all recently been assigned to GCL, but have not yet appeared in a game.

Thanks

Archived