Rubber Game: Rays @ O's 6/12/11

PrivateO

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think El Gordo is right, the Baseball Gods hate us. Markakis lines out to first, doubling up Hardy, I'd rather have no luck then bad luck. Now Jones homers, could have been 3-2

They absolutely hate us. I defy anyone who's watched this team over the past decade to argue this indisputable fact.

How? One pitcher struggles in one half of one game and it says something about the whole team?

I think it's a lot more than just one pitcher or one game. It was a generalization of how tough losses have thrown the O's into losing streaks all season. I hope this game isn't the same situation. The back-to-back homers help. Hopefully Matusz can calm down and put in a few good innings, but this statement was more based on the year as a whole than on the single game.

I think it's a lot more than just one pitcher or one game. It was a generalization of how tough losses have thrown the O's into losing streaks all season. I hope this game isn't the same situation. The back-to-back homers help. Hopefully Matusz can calm down and put in a few good innings, but this statement was more based on the year as a whole than on the single game.

I agree with this sentiment with regards to the season, just not this game. It certainly feels like the team can be mentally weak at times.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Wake me up when it happens. I haven’t seen anything yet. I guess this guy had no plans at all when he bought the team. Typical. Just another arrogant billionaire. This is another reason the fans should own the team. I can see tons of things this team could be doing better. I do believe though Mike Elias is fantastic. I’ve heard other people worry that he might leave the team and I was horrified when he mentioned the lift off and then the Angelos’s completely pulled the plug on him and made him look like a fool. I thought he was gonna quit and join another team.   and I absolutely am not the only person who thought that. It was mentioned here and on Camden chat and all the oriole chat rooms on Facebook and everywhere else. You can tell I’m a big fan of the Orioles.     Heck, lots of people were saying that too. Not just me. I’ll bet there other threads here on the same subject.
    • I understand your disdain for the Angelos ownership.  I'm hesitant to paint Rubenstein with the same brush. He's doing and saying things that are as diametrically opposed to the old regime as I can possible imagine 
    • I can’t believe y’all are even engaging with this nonsense.   As to the merits of this move, it looks like an effort at marginal improvement.  Probably a nothingburger, but sometimes these moves surprise.    
    • I watched Cade pitch tonight on the Worcester broadcast.  The announcers were gushing over him.  He didn’t have his good stuff or command but battled.  He gave up 2 HR early and then settled in.  He was at 73 pitches in the 5th when Holliday booted a routine ball that cost him about ~10+ pitches or he’d likely have gone 7.  It was good to see him battle without his A stuff.  He still hasn’t given up more than 3 runs in a game on the season. 
    • It’s real easy just to forget 30 years of crap from that lousy billionaire and then another billionaire I don’t know anything about buys the team.   And you’re not suspicious at all?   Maybe that’s why our country sucks up the billionaires all the time.   I hate them. I wish they didn’t own the team. I wish the fans owned the team. Billionaires only think of profit. I always think about Cal Ripken and how great his career could’ve been if he wasn’t stuck stuck on the cheap Angelo’s teams where he never got to play in the World Series. So all we get to hear about is stupid Derek Jeter.
    • Can't you see what you're doing? You're blaming the current ownership for the cheap ass Angelos ownership.   
    • Stop saying I’m going to cry about anything. It’s rude and telling     
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now