Huff on Anita Marks today at 4

O no

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay just saw the video myself.

Maybe i'm jaded or have just been on the internet for too long, but I wasn't all that impressed. Stern and various other DJs have been doing stuff like that for YEARS.

The language is more raw because its on XM or Sirius or whatever.

Oooo BOY, hot naked girl in paint!

I mean, guys, its called "Bubba the LOVE SPONGE." What are we expecting here? Chaucer?

I contend that if he doesn't drop the H-Sh** comment that we are sitting here calling him a lucky SOB.

Maybe i'm jaded or have just been on the internet for too long, but I wasn't all that impressed. Stern and various other DJs have been doing stuff like that for YEARS.

I mean, guys, its called "Bubba the LOVE SPONGE." What are we expecting here? Chaucer?

I contend that if he doesn't drop the H-Sh** comment that we are sitting here calling him a lucky SOB.

OKay, forget about the fans of the Orioles for a second. How does his WIFE feel about him saying if he was single he'd be all over that, etc. etc. How would YOUR or MY wife feel? Its one thing to go to a strip club "with the boys." Its another to go on a televised show and act the fool. I didn't care much about this whole story before, but seeing the video AND more importantly reading the Sun article where he "apologizes" but doesn't know what for, I have changed my mind. (not that I'm gonna harp on it like JT and the thing Millar did like a month ago or something! ;) )

It's just not a smart move on his part. Why doesn't more pro athletes appear on his show doing the same sort of things?

I put this in the same file as myspace. Sure, it's legal to have a myspace account, but school teachers that have pages that talk about doing drugs, and lewed sexual acts, woner why they are losing their jobs when the school district becomes aware of them. Why on earth if you are a proffesional, would you have a website where you talk about doing drugs and sexual acts?

Why on earth if you are a professional entertainer would you do what Aubrey did on Bubba's show?

Yeah, this is what Stern does. Huff just did some commentary with Bubba feeding him questions. It's like he goes to a strip club and does the commentary on video. I wouldn't trade him over that. What Millar did was far worse. Huff's just an idiot, Millar is a sellout.

Oh Huff is an idiot. But I take it all in context.

One, his wife probably knows about this. Hey, she might even dig it to an extent. If she doesn't he is a bigger idiot than before.

Two, look at baseball history. Huff being video-taped painting a naked girl on a racy drive-time satilite radio show compared to some other thing that recent ball players have done (I'm looking at you Elijah Dukes, Bret Myers and Delmon Young) and then think about "the greats" Babe Ruth would probably be just at home in that studio as Huff was.

Thats what makes guys like the Dimaggios and Ripkens and Gwynns and Pucketts and Griffeys of the world SO special. Most of these guys are dumb jocks.

They are that dumb jock-guy that was in your high school class that got all the girls, never really tried that hard and got away with EVERYTHING.

Huff is just that, a dumb jock. Now I am all for punishing stupidity. I teach I do it on a daily basis. Im just not ready to go to defcon 1 over this.

Why on earth if you are a professional entertainer would you do what Aubrey did on Bubba's show?

How about all the celebrities that go on Howard Stern? This is just another Stern like show. It's rude crude and that's what Bubba's listeners want. You don't have to listen to it or watch it if you don't like it...

Two, look at baseball history. Huff being video-taped painting a naked girl on a racy drive-time satilite radio show compared to some other thing that recent ball players have done (I'm looking at you Elijah Dukes, Bret Myers and Delmon Young) and then think about "the greats" Babe Ruth would probably be just at home in that studio as Huff was.

If you watch, Aubrey is sitting next to Bubba just watching, not doing the painting. He's just commentating on what he sees and the questions that Bubba is asking him...

I just heard Bubba the Love sponge is making a song with Baltimore is "Horse****". Aubrey just said he would go back on the same show next month. If he is such a close friend with the guy I think he could call him and tell him to cut the stuff off. It will just make Aubreys life harder as a player here. It will also just prolong the whole mess.

If it comes to taking sides I got to pick Baltimore. I know it has lots of problems but I can say stuff about it not some outsider. And not some radio dork from Tampa Bay.

Speaking of Chaucer check out Pasollini's Canterbury Tales(the movie); makes BTLS look like Kapt. Kangaroo.

OKay, forget about the fans of the Orioles for a second. How does his WIFE feel about him saying if he was single he'd be all over that, etc. etc. How would YOUR or MY wife feel? Its one thing to go to a strip club "with the boys." Its another to go on a televised show and act the fool. I didn't care much about this whole story before, but seeing the video AND more importantly reading the Sun article where he "apologizes" but doesn't know what for, I have changed my mind. (not that I'm gonna harp on it like JT and the thing Millar did like a month ago or something! ;) )
Do you think all wives are like your wife. Do they have to be. Isn't it a matter between Huff and his wife. What business is it of any body else what the nature of their relationship is.

Archived