Huff on Anita Marks today at 4

O no

The only people making a circus of this is the Baltimore sports media. The Baltimore sports media should be doing stories on how the Ravens are falling a part and should be telling the truth on how bad the Orioles are.

Why does everyone care so much about what Huff said? Huff called Baltimore a Horses**t town, so what. He is entitled to his opinion. This is America.

Huff got drunk and had fun with a stripper, who cares. I am sure most people on this site have done stuff like Huff for a bachelor party or during college.

Huff says that he has a poor work out routine. This is either an exaggeration or he is one of the greatest (lazy) ball players of all time.

I guess all the sports writers love their job, do not curse, and do not go to strip clubs (especially Nestor).

Look at the Orioles and Ravens. The Ravens season is collapsing at this every second and Angelos (worst owner in sports) still has a job. In spite of all this, the Huff story is the biggest story in Baltimore Sports. See link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/

Boo thanks for the comment in my profile. (I don’t know how my statements offended you.)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure most people on this site have done stuff like Huff for a bachelor party or during college.
I suspect you may be right about this. But the difference is they are not dumb enough to admit to it in public, though they snicker about such things in private. And they are smart enough to take a righteous public stance in condemning it when Huff exposes himself as being like them.

I have more of a problem with Huff acting like there's no possibly reason anybody should be offended, or any way that they could be, about calling Baltimore a "horse**** city," than actually saying it on a horse**** shock jock show. Had he actually apologized and said he spoke without thinking, and nobody accused him of being smart (which is something he did say on the Marks show), I wouldn't be as pissed at the guy. But he apologized, then basically redacted the apology by saying it was no big deal. I don't care why you said it, you moron, but anybody who doesn't "get" why how a city would take offense at your insulting it is either a colossal moron, or thinks the people in the city are morons enough to believe him. Either way...insulting.

I could give a huge steaming crap about the other stuff he did on the show, by the way.

Why does everyone care so much about what Huff said? Huff called Baltimore a Horses**t town, so what. He is entitled to his opinion. This is America.

Huff got drunk and had fun with a stripper, who cares. I am sure most people on this site have done stuff like Huff for a bachelor party or during college.

Huff says that he has a poor work out routine. This is either an exaggeration or he is one of the greatest (lazy) ball players of all time.

I guess all the sports writers love their job, do not curse, and do not go to strip clubs (especially Nestor).

Look at the Orioles and Ravens. The Ravens season is collapsing at this every second and Angelos (worst owner in sports) still has a job. In spite of all this, the Huff story is the biggest story in Baltimore Sports. See link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/

Boo thanks for the comment in my profile. (I don’t know how my statements offended you.)

What would happen to you if you went on a national radio show, told everyone who you were and who your employer is, talked about your sexual behaviors, talked about being hung over before going to work.. and talked about how you do the very minimum to be effective at your job. All of this after having a subpar year at work.

What do you think your employer who heard the show would say or do?

I have more of a problem with Huff acting like there's no possibly reason anybody should be offended, or any way that they could be, about calling Baltimore a "horse**** city," than actually saying it on a horse**** shock jock show. Had he actually apologized and said he spoke without thinking, and nobody accused him of being smart (which is something he did say on the Marks show), I wouldn't be as pissed at the guy. But he apologized, then basically redacted the apology by saying it was no big deal. I don't care why you said it, you moron, but anybody who doesn't "get" why how a city would take offense at your insulting it is either a colossal moron, or thinks the people in the city are morons enough to believe him. Either way...insulting.

I could give a huge steaming crap about the other stuff he did on the show, by the way.

Wedge, I think you're overeacting here. It's obvious Huff was just discussing his affinity for Maryland horse racing. ;)

He was criticising the city's night life. He chose horses@#! over bulls@#! or baloney to describe it. For this you demand a heartfelt public mea culpa. He doesn't agree with your assesment of his behavior, but you would prefer he lie in order to assuage your damanged sensibilities. I usually feel patronized when people do that to me.

Wedge, you've said everything I feel on this subject.

He'd been better off not making an "apology."

What would happen to you if you went on a national radio show, told everyone who you were and who your employer is, talked about your sexual behaviors, talked about being hung over before going to work.. and talked about how you do the very minimum to be effective at your job. All of this after having a subpar year at work.

What do you think your employer who heard the show would say or do?

Your boss would either fire you are reprimend you in a severe way. But most employers don't owe their employees millions of guarenteed dollars.

He was criticising the city's night life. He chose horses@#! over bulls@#! or baloney to describe it. For this you demand a heartfelt public mea culpa. He doesn't agree with your assesment of his behavior, but you would prefer he lie in order to assuage your damanged sensibilities. I usually feel patronized when people do that to me.

Not neccesarily the case. If he thinks Baltimore is not a great place for after-game nightlife, he's not lying if he withholds using an expletive to describe it. He'd be lying if he said "It's the best nightlife I've ever seen." He could have just held his tongue a bit, right? "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" doesn't equal telling a lie.

Like I said, I didn't care about it until he tried to "apologize" without a real apology. You can't refer to a city you play in disparaging returns and then act like you did nothing wrong, no matter what the context was. You just can't.

I can only imagine what would happen to him had he played for a NY team.

Your boss would either fire you are reprimend you in a severe way. But most employers don't owe their employees millions of guarenteed dollars.

It does not matter what most employers do because a contract is a contract. It also appears the public feels the Huff thing was not that big of a deal. See the SUN poll http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-huffpoll1114,0,5684680,post.poll.

It does not matter what most employers do because a contract is a contract. It also appears the public feels the Huff thing was not that big of a deal. See the SUN poll http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-huffpoll1114,0,5684680,post.poll.

That poll does not ask "do you think it was a big deal?" That poll asks "do you think he should be disciplined?" That's a big difference. I think it was a big deal, but I don't think the O's have any real way of disciplining him, beyond actively trying to get him shipped out. So I would be answering "no" to that poll.

Something is not right with that poll. I've never seen 15,000 votes on anything on those polls and when I first looked at it it was 54% yes with about 500 votes.

Either that or Mr. Huff and his agent spent all night last night clicking on "no." :D

I was up last night and this occured to me:

Which is worse? A DUI/ DWI/ Drug charge or painting a hooker?

Think of all the Ravens and other Orioles players, even Sydney Ponson, that we as a community have given second chances to over stuff that I contend is far more serious than huff's charge.

I think it really speaks to the moral wackiness of this country. Violence and drugs we can somehow deal with, but throw in some sex and people go insane "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" "HE DEFAMED THE ORGANIZATION!"

Well Bj Sams and Chris McCallister could have killed people with their actions. Jamal Lewis plead guilty to federal drug trafficking and spent a year in federal prison. He sure didn't make Baltimore, the team or the fans look too good did he?

But we welcomed them back with open arms pretty much. WE gave a ton of chances to Ponson to redeem himself. Scott Erickson, back in what I believe is called THE DAY, did a bit for the old Kirk Mark and Lopez show. It was something along the lines of "win a date with Scottie" and the girls calling in had to do their best ... well lets call them "REALLY HAPPY" .... screams and moans. Scottie chose the winner and she won the date.

Now this was done on broadcast radio, where anyone could hear it, and was even part of a KML best of compilation. I don't remember anyone going after Scottie for that.

But then, of course, the Orioles were winning.

Archived