Huff on Anita Marks today at 4

O no

I just heard Bubba the Love sponge is making a song with Baltimore is "Horse****". Aubrey just said he would go back on the same show next month. If he is such a close friend with the guy I think he could call him and tell him to cut the stuff off. It will just make Aubreys life harder as a player here. It will also just prolong the whole mess.

If it comes to taking sides I got to pick Baltimore. I know it has lots of problems but I can say stuff about it not some outsider. And not some radio dork from Tampa Bay.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to make disparaging remarks about Boston and New York since I'm not from there?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wants Huff to have an easier time with the fans "Sponge Boy" should refrain from making this any more of a circus. Can you imagine what the fans will yell when he goes 0-4 with 3 strikeouts next season?

I'm already thinking up some good ones.

Maybe Huff is crazy like a fox and this is his way to force a trade?

No he is just stupid.

This reminds me of the Chappelle skit about people emulating athletes activities off the field instead of on the field. Maybe the next guy on Bubba's show will ask if he can 'get all Aubrey like in the studio.'

I don't think activities like these are particularly unusual. Stupid, yes...but not unusual. Anyone ever been to a frat house? Now add money, a small amount of fame, and satellite broadcast rights.

The Baltimore media is doing all those stories about the Ravens and the Orioles.

How can they ignore a story about a millionaire talking about jerking off. While a naked lady gets painted. While saying the city he is playing for the next two years is horse****. He made this story himself. Its like a pitcher groving a fat one down the middle. Its hard not swinging at it. Its just too easy.

The only people making a circus of this is the Baltimore sports media. The Baltimore sports media should be doing stories on how the Ravens are falling a part and should be telling the truth on how bad the Orioles are.

Ok good try Mr. Huff.

"What needs to be pointed out is the type of show the BLS is," said Rob Shields, 28, of Catonsville. "It is not your typical radio show you will hear on WBAL or WNST. It is Howard Stern-esque, and therefore has a different atmosphere to it. On the other hand, the comments show a disrespect to the city, team and fans of this city.

"I am not sure what kind of punishment he deserves, if any. After all, it is his constitutional right to say what he wants. However, Andy MacPhail seems to be trying to get this team to where it once was -- when it was good, when it was respected and when it was loved by this town. Stuff like this hurts that some, and Mr. MacPhail probably won't stand for it and I applaud that."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-huff1114,0,3607848.story

I thought it was a little random to see a quote from Sports Guy in a Sun article. Well done.

The only people making a circus of this is the Baltimore sports media. The Baltimore sports media should be doing stories on how the Ravens are falling a part and should be telling the truth on how bad the Orioles are.

What more can they say that they haven't said?

I suppose there could just be a 70-point "War is Over" type headline with the Orioles' record atop the masthead every day.

Speaking of Chaucer check out Pasollini's Canterbury Tales(the movie); makes BTLS look like Kapt. Kangaroo.

What keeps me coming back to the OH?

Easy. What's not to love about Bubba the Love Sponge and Pier Paolo Pasolini in the same thread? You think they can do that over at S.O.S.H? No way.

If you liked Canterbury Tales, find a copy of Salo (120 Days of Sodom) - his last film before being murdered. It's even more extreme than Canterbury Tales IMO.

What keeps me coming back to the OH?

Easy. What's not to love about Bubba the Love Sponge and Pier Paolo Pasolini in the same thread? You think they can do that over at S.O.S.H? No way.

If you liked Canterbury Tales, find a copy of Salo (120 Days of Sodom) - his last film before being murdered. It's even more extreme than Canterbury Tales IMO.

I'm well aware of Salo. It's DeSade's 120 Days of Sodom, done during Fascist Italy. It's extremely harsh, but a truly great fillm none the less. "The bourgeousie have never distained to eat their children."

Archived