Zreibec: Orioles close to trading Koji to RANGERS

SilentJames

Is this an indication that Lee is gone? To the Bucs or Diamondbacks? Otherwise, where will Davis see his at bats????

I was thinking the same thing. Hes got nothing to prove at AAA and we have no room for him at 1B or DH.

I'd say hes Mark Reynolds with a better average but without the walks.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty good return, IMO. Maybe they are moving DLee as well, to make room for Davis. Hunter goes right intoo the rotation. makes it easier to move Guts.

I don't know much about Hunter. 25 years old. I'd like to learn some more before I decide how I feel about the trade.

Hopefully this sets up trades of Guthrie and Lee.

Hopefully the team sends Hunter back down and stretches him back out as a SP... Can be a serviceable #5 or Longman.

Daivs has his problems. He is a much better 1B than any other position. Light tower power and a hole in his swing you can run a truck through..

Why is a guy who had an ERA+ of 114 at age 23, and 120 at age 24, someone who can be a "servicable #5" at age 25?

I was thinking the same thing. Hes got nothing to prove at AAA and we have no room for him at 1B or DH.

His OBP is .299, so he may have Reynolds power but that's about it. May be more like our old friend Tony Batista...all or nothing.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do on an everyday basis. On paper, this looks like a very good trade.

That's a decent get for Koji, IMO. Davis could flip the switch and Hunter is a good pitcher, when healthy. Not sure how you could have expected better from an old reliever.
\

This trade is all about Hunter, IMO.

Davis could be a late bloomer, or an AAAA. We're in the position to find out.

His OBP is .299, so he may have Reynolds power but that's about it. May be more like our old friend Tony Batista...all or nothing.

Like I said, without the walks. But hes shown he can hit for a higher average in the minors.

Pretty good return, IMO. Maybe they are moving DLee as well, to make room for Davis. Hunter goes right intoo the rotation. makes it easier to move Guts.

Hunter Strained his groin, last year he was MORE than solid for the Rangers. He gets healthy this is a great trade.

That's a decent get for Koji, IMO. Davis could flip the switch and Hunter is a good pitcher, when healthy. Not sure how you could have expected better from an old reliever.

I agree. Its a good trade for Koji. I didn't expecty much, and MAYBE we didn't get much, but Davis is still young enough that he could become something special. Time will tell.

JTrea...sorry to burst your bubble, but now that Davis is here, the Orioles' front office will say they have their first baseman of the future and we don't need Fielder! :rofl:

Why is a guy who had an ERA+ of 114 at age 23, and 120 at age 24, someone who can be a "servicable #5" at age 25?

Doesn't miss bats. Limited upside, but solid back-end type arm that could flash some mid-rotation years if everything clicks.

I don't understand getting Davis, but maybe O's pro scouting sees some flaws that can be fixed. He's a fringe MLB bat at this point. Hopefully he makes enough contact to provide #6 production moving forward.

I am not a Hunter fan at all... He is a great back of the rotation guy/long reliever but Texas has 5 guys around his age or younger than can do that job. He is a large fella that so far seems to have problems staying healthy. To me this is a sell low deal.

Uji is arguably the best mom-closer that is actually avalaible on the market. This is a haul for a middle of the road of the road RP, not the return of a guy that is near the top of the market... Add to that the O's are sending more that $1M in cash...

Archived