Let's assume...

Sports Guy

I get that...But that's not what the thread is about. ;):D

So what is thread about? You pretend like you're asking a question, and then you start jumping up and down, telling everybody who doesn't buy your wacko instant-everything scheme that they're idiots. If you don't want to hear what people think, then why are you pretending to ask questions? So you can tell everybody they're wrong?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is possible but the other teams have a say in these things. I'm all for trading Millar, Huff, Mora, Payton etc. if it gets us along term SS. But that's by no means certain. I'm not for trading any of our young pitching talent this year in order to get a long term SS. I don't think it all has to be done in one season, and I agree with MacP that our focus has to be on pitching and defense. What's your list of priorities in getting holes filled this year? Is SS #1, #3, #5, what?

If Tejada is indeed dealt, SS is the #1 position I want to fill....That doesn't mean I take a lesser talent(say Hu over LaRoche) just that I think SS is the #1 position to fill.

The top priority is talent.

So what is thread about? You pretend like you're asking a question, and then you start jumping up and down, telling everybody who doesn't buy your wacko instant-everything scheme that they're idiots. If you don't want to hear what people think, then why are you pretending to ask questions? So you can tell everybody they're wrong?

You just aren't smart, are you? What do you mean what is thread about?

Read the first damn post...I am asking people to come up ways to acquire a young SS with the assumption that Bedard and Tejada don't bring one back. It also asks if you would be happy with LH starting.

This isn't difficult.

But leave it to you to have no clue as to how to give an answer because you know nothing about this stuff.

Heaven's forbid you actually talk baseball...Instead, you just post your normal mindless irrelevant drivel.

SS is one of, if not the most important positions on the team.

So yes, I want an answer to that.

I disagree. We need offense. We need power hitters and impact bats and big average/high OPS players so we can score runs. We should be looking at LF/CF/1B/3B for these players. Shortstop is the last position to look at for what we need and what should be our priority.

A defensive SS will help our pitching staff. We need an honest assessment of where our young pitchers are. I'd rather do that next year with a good IF defense. We have a good defensive SS in LH.

Shortstop is the most important DEFENSIVE position on the team. Yes we need to balance the offense/versus defense contribution but it is not critical to have a good offensive shortstop.

Before you spin again, nobody is advocating LH as a long term solution.

If the O's find themselves in need of a SS, I'd put pretty good odds on Cedeno being the guy they wind up with.

Nothing more needs to be said about he Cubs/O's trading relationship, and Cedeno is both out of options, and redundant on the Cubs' current roster.

In fact there are a whole bunch of Cubs that the O's could use, and the Cubs seem ready to be done with.

I disagree. We need offense. We need power hitters and impact bats and big average/high OPS players so we can score runs. We should be looking at LF/CF/1B/3B for these players. Shortstop is the last position to look at for what we need and what should be our priority.

A defensive SS will help our pitching staff. We need an honest assessment of where our young pitchers are. I'd rather do that next year with a good IF defense. We have a good defensive SS in LH.

Shortstop is the most important DEFENSIVE position on the team. Yes we need to balance the offense/versus defense contribution but it is not critical to have a good offensive shortstop.

Before you spin again, nobody is advocating LH as a long term solution.

It is incredibly easy to find a decent defensive SS who can put up vastly superior offensive numbers than LH. To me, if we don't find somebody who is more competent than the bat, it just shows that we really didn't try that hard.

If the O's find themselves in need of a SS, I'd put pretty good odds on Cedeno being the guy they wind up with.

Nothing more needs to be said about he Cubs/O's trading relationship, and Cedeno is both out of options, and redundant on the Cubs' current roster.

In fact there are a whole bunch of Cubs that the O's could use, and the Cubs seem ready to be done with.

Fine by me, which is why I'd try to get him along with Pie if there's a Tejada to the Cubs deal. But to go along with the thread, if Tejada is dealt elsewhere, what would you expect for Cedeno?

Fine by me, which is why I'd try to get him along with Pie if there's a Tejada to the Cubs deal. But to go along with the thread, if Tejada is dealt elsewhere, what would you expect for Cedeno?

If the O's are down on Penn as has been reported, then he'd be a natural target.

Nobody here's going to like that idea, but that's who I'd ask for first.

I'd be willing to move off of him to one of the O's other decent pitching prospects if necessary. I don't see any bats in the O's system that would be a fit.

I suspect Hendry would be in that group of GMs that would be psyched to buy low on Daniel Cabrera, if some sort of match could be struck involving him.

It is incredibly easy to find a decent defensive SS who can put up vastly superior offensive numbers than LH. To me, if we don't find somebody who is more competent than the bat, it just shows that we really didn't try that hard.

OK who do we get and what do we have to pay for him? I am 100% against signing a veteran to gap SS even to a 1 year contract, especially a 2 year contract. Throw me a bone.

Penn for Cedeno?

I'd be pretty tempted to pull the trigger on that one, assuming that we don't get a SS in any of our other trades.

Man that last response to myself was wierd.

OK Penn for Cedeno. Cedeno > LH. I'm fine with that and I don't like Penn. I doubt the Cubs would do it though.

Wow some of you are really down on Penn. I'd much rather trade Loewen right now than Penn based on what I think their returns would be. Penn's numbers have been dominant at a young age.

He doesn't impress me. Has a good array of pitches but none of them are special.

Archived