I've had it

SteveA

Are we not allowed to vent? BTerp, you do this every time someone lets out frustration and says they are done. Your indignant attitude is ridiculous.

Sure we are, we can vent in the game thread or in the rant section.

The OP was clearly a rant and does not belong in Orioles talk.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have actually not watch a whole game in perhaps three weeks. No longer do I DVR them either. Now I just watch an inning or two.

The least watching I think I have ever done since the Orioles got on cable with HTS.

Misery. Just hard to watch these clowns play.

Just when I starting watching today I got too see Pie make two awful plays. That was enough for me.

Sure we are, we can vent in the game thread or in the rant section.

The OP was clearly a rant and does not belong in Orioles talk.

Rants will always have a place in Orioles Talk no matter whether you like it or not. I've ranted a few times myself. When I see a post I don't like/agree with, I simply click the 'Orioles Talk' link at the top to go back to the forum. It takes more time to click on response and type in your response and post it. Just take the easy way out and leave it be :) No need to have an attitude about it.

I watch and I ask myself why I do - every game.

Its an addiction. Its a way of life. its ingrained into who I am. Its absolutely crazy yet i watch.

I'm beyond being thoroughly disgusted but I watch. I follow for some reason. For 14 years I have been miserable as an O's fan. This year seemed to offer a glimmer of hope of good things to come. But it has been the exact opposite.

Like Steve and so many others I don't know how much more I can take.

Last year i began following the Rangers at the end of May. Watched every game in June as they went 21-6 for the month. Began to like the team, especially Josh Hamilton. Told a friend in July that the Rangers would be the team that would keep the Skankees from going to the Series. The Rangers provided me some relief from my Orioles misery. It was fun.

But, I'm an Orioles fan. They are my team no matter what. So I watch, but I too have about thrown in the towel. This team is just AWFUL! Its not bad luck or bad breaks. Its not bloopers and dinks here and there. They just suck!

As hard as it might be suffering with this team my guess is by spring training most here, if not all, will have a rekindled interest. Its who we are no matter how bad it gets.

I hear you Steve. This team is a pathetic joke. They do nothing well. I'm still a fan, but watching a game right now is secondary at best. When I have time, I'll flip it on until they show me that they have no interest in being competitive that day. That usually doesn't take long to figure out

Are we not allowed to vent? BTerp, you do this every time someone lets out frustration and says they are done. Your indignant attitude is ridiculous.

The decision to watch or not watch a baseball team, even one with the emotional attachment we all have, is just that: a decision. It isn't some agonizing, life-or-death struggle to hit the off button on the remote or the "x" in the corner of the GameCast. And if someone wants to take a couple days off from watching the games, or reading about the team here or elsewhere, I have no positive or negative feelings towards them whatsoever (in fact, I'd probably lean towards being supportive based on the present play).

But to make an entire thread listing your bona fides and why you feel we should know that you are giving up tells me one of two things. Either you are looking for pity for your decision to continue rooting for this club, or you think your ability to "quit" makes you some kind of special person who is somehow better than those of us who make the decision to keep watching the team. Either way, I'm not going to support that. And, frankly, that's my right.

There have been plenty of times where I've taken short breaks from watching, or from coming here. I've never felt the need to get up on the cross and declare my intentions in a post, because its my decision and I don't need anyone's pity or to feel superior in that fashion.

So before you start coming after people for their attitudes, why don't you ask yourself why they might have that attitude. You can do whatever you want. I just don't care either way.

Rants will always have a place in Orioles Talk no matter whether you like it or not. I've ranted a few times myself. When I see a post I don't like/agree with, I simply click the 'Orioles Talk' link at the top to go back to the forum. It takes more time to click on response and type in your response and post it. Just take the easy way out and leave it be :) No need to have an attitude about it.

I don't mind rants. Just don't expect everyone to be all sympathetic and sensitive about it. Everyone has their own mechanism for dealing with it. Why not have a sense of humor about it? It's brutal enough watching this stuff without having to come on here and listen to whiners. I get it ... our team blows.

The decision to watch or not watch a baseball team, even one with the emotional attachment we all have, is just that: a decision. It isn't some agonizing, life-or-death struggle to hit the off button on the remote or the "x" in the corner of the GameCast. And if someone wants to take a couple days off from watching the games, or reading about the team here or elsewhere, I have no positive or negative feelings towards them whatsoever (in fact, I'd probably lean towards being supportive based on the present play).

But to make an entire thread listing your bona fides and why you feel we should know that you are giving up tells me one of two things. Either you are looking for pity for your decision to continue rooting for this club, or you think your ability to "quit" makes you some kind of special person who is somehow better than those of us who make the decision to keep watching the team. Either way, I'm not going to support that. And, frankly, that's my right.

There have been plenty of times where I've taken short breaks from watching, or from coming here. I've never felt the need to get up on the cross and declare my intentions in a post, because its my decision and I don't need anyone's pity or to feel superior in that fashion.

So before you start coming after people for their attitudes, why don't you ask yourself why they might have that attitude. You can do whatever you want. I just don't care either way.

What I get out of his (and similar posts/threads) is that he cares like the rest of us do and this place is a great outlet to display frustration. Its therapeutic.

I'm coming after you about attitudes? You did it first bud. If you think the passive/aggressive post you made is needed, than you and I have nothing more to say to each other.

I agree with the above to a point. By the same token, who cares? The OP takes up a single line of text among those dedicated to many other threads posted on the main page. The post isn't overly vulgar or profanity-laced.

Again, I agree to a point (in principle), but how does your response differ, for example, from someone voicing a hatred for hatred (like "I hate racists"). IMO, your response serves no more effective purpose.

Archived