I've had it

SteveA

Any Orioles fan is entitled to go through a capitulation of sorts. There no better place for someone like Steve to voice his frustrations.

I'm beyond caring myself. They could follow the Colts for all I care.

You know, you probably do not remember this (and I'm not really sure why I do), but a few years ago you made a similar comment and I went after you pretty hard for it, probably harder than I should have. I still do not agree with you, but I must say, I certainly understand the feeling by now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we not allowed to vent? BTerp, you do this every time someone lets out frustration and says they are done. Your indignant attitude is ridiculous.
Braf'ingo.

I would rep you if I could.

I love it when people try to come on here and tell others how to be fans. BTerp is always the one who does that. Its pathetic.

I still maintain that the majority of pitchers get worse every year they are in the big leagues. Also, I never saw any potential in our pitching staff. None of our young starters have ever had impressive peripherals that would suggest a low ERA coming into this season.

Well, at the start of the season I definitely felt that people here were overestimating the pitching. (Go back and look at the threads, some people were saying that the Orioles starting rotation was no worse than third best in the division, ahead of New York and Toronto.) I knew that our rotation was going to be the worst in the division but I didn't think it would be this bad. Based on the peripherals they put up at the end of the year in 2010, I thought Matusz would be a solid pitcher, not spectacular but giving maybe 200 innings of a 4.00 ERA, give or take. I thought Arrieta likewise had the chance to develop into a reliable back of the rotation starter, with an ERA around 4.35 or so.

Likewise, I thought that Guerrero and Lee were both likely to decline (Guerrero especially) but I didn't think he'd have ten home runs in late August.

Really, if you look at the entire team, who has exceeded expectations? With his low OBP, I'm not even sure if Hardy has. I don't see one hitter on this team who is having a significantly above average year. Most are average to maybe a bit above average (Jones and Hardy). As for the pitching, the Orioles had two good pitchers this year: Johnson and Uehara, and one of them is now gone. Literally the only pitcher on our entire staff that is good at his job is Johnson. Everybody else is mediocre or worse.

This kind of massive, across-the-board underperformance should have consequences. I blame MacPhail for the Gregg signing and for his failure to build up the farm system, but I think that Showalter has really failed to distinguish himself at all this year. He hasn't helped one player progress significantly, he hasn't made smart in-game moves, and after every loss he just offers up more lame excuses. The fact that this team built its advertising campaign for this year around the freaking manager is the biggest embarrassment we've seen since the "Come Out And Watch The Kids" posters with Brook Fordyce on them.

You know, you probably do not remember this (and I'm not really sure why I do), but a few years ago you made a similar comment and I went after you pretty hard for it, probably harder than I should have. I still do not agree with you, but I must say, I certainly understand the feeling by now.

Actually I do, which is why I made that post in my reply to frankpembleton. I'll say this: Personally, I'm fine with them moving. However, I wouldn't want those of you who like yourself to suffer through that. It's a little insensitive for me to post that.

I just have so much apathy that I just don't care.

Actually I do, which is why I made that post in my reply to frankpembleton. I'll say this: Personally, I'm fine with them moving. However, I wouldn't want those of you who like yourself to suffer through that. It's a little insensitive for me to post that.

I just have so much apathy that I just don't care.

I hear you.

Ultimately, I just go back to the thought that some day this team will be good again. I don't know when, and at this point I don't even know how, but it will happen. And when it does, I'll be glad that it's this team, and not another team, even if that team were to call itself the Orioles.

I can't blame anyone for having enough of this franchise. I watch sports for pleasure, and all the Orioles are is an embarassment. How many times can you stand to watch Felix Pie, for instance, trot out there and play miserably?

I, for one, am seriously considering not renewing my Extra Innings package next year because I just assume the Orioles will again be unworthy of watching once again. I can handle some losing, but I cannot stand us being complete embarassments against the Yankees and Red Sox. I cannot stand watching Oriole home games where visiting teams have a roaring crowd for every home run they blast. The franchise is just an embarassment. They are a far cry from entertainment.

I thought baseball ended in early June? Last time I watched a full game was about June 15th or so. We are now in the worst few months to be an O's fan, really not much going on. February is so much better than Aug/Sept if you are a true O's fan.

I still read this board constantly, as well as check highlights (Pie yesterday, el oh el) and boxscores, but I haven't watched a full game since June. If you're still watching this horrible team, I give you tons of credit.

The Orioles literally destroy my love of baseball on a yearly basis.

I still read this board constantly, as well as check highlights (Pie yesterday, el oh el) and boxscores, but I haven't watched a full game since June. If you're still watching this horrible team, I give you tons of credit.

The Orioles literally destroy my love of baseball on a yearly basis.

Couldn't agree more. I wish the WBC was played more often...that is the only time I really get to enjoy baseball nowadays...

I have to admit I turned the channel after 5-0 and starting watching the Phillies Nats game (and wow what a game) and to be honest I think I'll be tuning into a few more Nats games the rest of the season.....

The Nats are having the season we thought we'd be having. Pretty soon they will be the team O's fans wish they had. I feel that way already.

ABC, CBS, and NBC need to form a reality show around Orioles fandom. Get 12 people form different walks of life who are Orioles fans and see how long they can last.

I don't have cable and my MLB.tv account expired august 1st. Haven't seen a game in some time. I follow the box score on my phone but I don't get overly-involved.

I went to OPACY once this year, but I've seen the Keys play in three different cities. Keys are more entertaining.

Archived