Source: MacPhail Out as GM

MatthewW

Why does he "obviously" know someone? Because he called a 50/50 situation in the past? That's hardly what I'd call demonstrating an "obvious" connection.
He has been right more than once I believe.

And why do you care? You are the type of poster that is the reason we don't have people sharing inside info anymore.

Just deal with it. Move on. Why do you feel the need to come into the thread and act the way you are?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has been right more than once I believe.

And why do you care? You are the type of poster that is the reason we don't have people sharing inside info anymore.

Just deal with it. Move on. Why do you feel the need to come into the thread and act the way you are?

Maybe I should fade into oblivion for a while, and then re-invent myself as an "insider" type. Perhaps then you'll start to like me.

Thanks. I hope it's true. Moving on would be the best for both parties honest. I wonder if this means he's retiring from baseball or is a possible candidate for commissioner if Selig steps down. Thought I had heard he was interested in that. When I heard John Thorn speak a couple weeks ago though, he didn't mention Andy's name- just mentioned former president Bush and Steve Greenberg(Hank's son and I believe who was in the running for commissioner before) as two names that were outside possibilities.

The DLee information was definitely good as he broke it in here a few hours before the announcement. I'm probably wrong on this, but I thought I remembered him saying something about hearing it from some guy in a bar. No?
I was told there've been talks today. Was told things were getting close to fruition. Not done yet -- but soon. Not pos of which way ends up

Archived