Source: MacPhail Out as GM

MatthewW

Yeah, the low point was probably Delgado and Ruth's Chris in terms of silly insider stuff. Nothing needs to be said about the Tex fiasco.

Matthew just has a legit track record at this point. I don't think he does it for the attention/hype.

Reminds me of the one time I had an inside scoop. Couldn't say anything without outing a friend. So I had to pocket it. Oh well.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the low point was probably Delgado and Ruth's Chris in terms of silly insider stuff. Nothing needs to be said about the Tex fiasco.

Matthew just has a legit track record at this point. I don't think he does it for the attention/hype.

I mean I guess my problem is that I know how baseball front offices work, and there are VERY few people that would actually HAVE inside info like that in the front office. 95% of the time if something is "leaked" it's done by the team with a purpose. It's not like people sit around the water cooler and discuss internal baseball moves. I kinda wonder what people think happens in a baseball front office, like if they think there is a big whiteboard in the employee lounge that has current targets, rumors, and potential trades on it or something.

I tend to wonder what motivates someone to post stuff like that online if not for attention/hype on SOME level you know? I almost wouldn't WANT to know inside info on here unless it was coming from Tony or the staff because if it is legit it's only a matter of time before someone gets fired or cut off for it.

I mean I guess my problem is that I know how baseball front offices work, and there are VERY few people that would actually HAVE inside info like that in the front office. 95% of the time if something is "leaked" it's done by the team with a purpose. It's not like people sit around the water cooler and discuss internal baseball moves. I kinda wonder what people think happens in a baseball front office, like if they think there is a big whiteboard in the employee lounge that has current targets, rumors, and potential trades on it or something.

I tend to wonder what motivates someone to post stuff like that online if not for attention/hype on SOME level you know? I almost wouldn't WANT to know inside info on here unless it was coming from Tony or the staff because if it is legit it's only a matter of time before someone gets fired or cut off for it.

Well, as you pointed out, he posted it three hours before it was due to happen. I don't think that would get anyone fired.

Well, as you pointed out, he posted it three hours before it was due to happen. I don't think that would get anyone fired.

Depends...if they had planned to announce it as a team and were preempted, it could make them start backtracking and find out who was calling first for confirmation, and where they could have heard it. Roch reads here all the time, as do the Sun guys, if they saw it posted and on a whim fired a call over to check and see it could lead people back to check here. All that said, I seriously doubt it's that big of a deal, but still the principle of there being info leaked before I put it out would have me mad. What if it WAS something important and potentially messed up a trade or signing?

You realize that if he were to somehow be hired, he'd probably gut the organization and go into full rebuild mode? He wouldn't sign a bunch of FA's like you want the O's to do.

Perhaps, but he'd trade everybody and that's what you need to do. Hardy, Reynolds, Wieters, Jones, and Markakis. Blow the whole thing up.

It's my less preferred option of course, but it's better than a MacPhail type of offseason.

Still I don't see Buck going for a blowup. I think he wants to win now. We'll see...

Depends...if they had planned to announce it as a team and were preempted, it could make them start backtracking and find out who was calling first for confirmation, and where they could have heard it. Roch reads here all the time, as do the Sun guys, if they saw it posted and on a whim fired a call over to check and see it could lead people back to check here. All that said, I seriously doubt it's that big of a deal, but still the principle of there being info leaked before I put it out would have me mad. What if it WAS something important and potentially messed up a trade or signing?

If the Orioles were a psychological thriller, the twist would be that it isn't PA who was screwing over the team, it's the OH!

Soylent_Green_MCDSOGR_EC002_H-thumb-560xauto-28443.jpg

Archived