Source: MacPhail Out as GM

MatthewW

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda saddened by this. While the results didn't show up in the standings he did a lot of good. If the cavalry had not flopped this year he would have been successful in getting us back to the win column. Of that I have no doubt.

It reveals a lot about the ownership situation that AM didn't want to come back.
`

Well Dan Connolly of the Sun tweeted that AM had family obligations. I don't know what that means, or if it's just an excuse to not make PA look bad, but there could be something going on there. I hope he and his family are okay.

`

Well Dan Connolly of the Sun tweeted that AM had family obligations. I don't know what that means, or if it's just an excuse to not make PA look bad, but there could be something going on there. I hope he and his family are okay.

I can see that. Typically a family situation is a long weekend or a leave of absence. Even worse case scenarios point to staying with a job that you want and working things out with the employer who wants you to stay. I'm guessing he hoped PA would change but realized that wasn't going to happen.

It's the one thing PA has been consistent with... Convince the new guy that what everyone says about him are lies and they realize 2 years later that PA is the liar.

`

I thought I saw something earlier this year or last about his father, I will have to look for it. His dad lives in Florida and is 94. What a resume that family has in the sport.

Now we at least have hope that things will change.

The roadblock has been removed and it's time for the Orioles to have a historic offseason...

Are we still putting this on MacPhail JTrea? What about the GM's before him that couldn't do anything under Angelos? Did they all stink too? How would you make this offseason historic with $30M in team payroll that will push us to tha lofty $85M number? I actually think that MacPhail left this organization better than when he came in and that has to be the goal of a GM when the organization pretty much sucked in every facet of baseball operations. I am not saying he was perfect, but Jones, Hardy and Reynolds are not here because we signed them as free agents. Can't wait for the next GM, but MLB has engraved the Baltimore Orioles into last place this coming season.

True, but he also said he was out as GM which is pretty hard to do since it's a position he's never been in with the club. Sorry, if it was another day or two before the story broke I'd be a little more impressed I guess. I know I sound like a jerk about it, I'd like to think if someone had real inside info they would refrain from posting it on a public website that the team monitors and outing someone as a leak. I know Tony knows a lot of info way before he tells us publicly on here until the time is more appropriate for similar reasons.

Maybe that is why he posted it a few hours and not a day or two prior. Once can be lucky, but twice is not a guess, at least not when we look at the time he posted verses when the news broke. I will take things with a grain of salt, but I do appreciate the information.

Archived