Bowden: Duquette deal done

JTrea81

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel really good about this. Buck and DD, both want to stop on the BoSox and MFY's throats and show them that the Orioles are a lethal team. DD is going to do a great job with the Minor League system, and international targets.

Speaking of his strong international connections and his and Buck's desire for a TOR, does that make Yu Darvish on the top of our list along with Prince?

Personally, I'd like to see us get Prince (1B), Ramirez (3B..which means Reynolds DH), Darvish (TOR) and maybe trade for a Gio Gonzalez, Cole Hammels, or Matt cain.

I'm just glad the national joke that was the GM search is over. I'll reserve judgement on Duquette as the final selection' date=' but as long as Angelos remains the owner my expectations will remain low no matter who the GM is.[/quote']

This is word-for-word what my feelings are on this. As long as the answer is "Angelos" to the question, "Who owns the Baltimore Orioles?", it really doesn't matter who the GM is. At least there's a warm body in the GM's office in the Warehouse.

I think it's right to say they could have done better and they could have done worse; however, at least Duquette has shown great ability as a GM in the past and thus brings a potential high upside to the O's.

"We could have done worse" is depressing, but true. I mean, seriously. We could have done so much worse.

I'm actually curious to see how Duquette does.

Don't let my lack of fireworks and celebratory whiskey fool you. I think that DukeII is a fine pick up and I am interested in what happens next. But the fact remains he is not the exciting pick that Dipoto or LaCava were. Still, you don't need to be exciting to be good.

Archived