David Ortiz

bnw7870

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From MLBTR.com

The Red Sox aren't the only team meeting with David Ortiz's agent tonight. Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe tweets that the Orioles will also meet with Fern Cuza, and could be interested in Ortiz as well.

I sure hope not. Ortiz is exactly the kind of player we should NOT be going after.

It could just be that he was catching up with the agent. Cuza not only represents Ortiz and Vlad, but he also represented Pedro Martinez... who Duq was known to have acquired a couple of times. I think it was possibly just a catch-up and a fill-in on new guys possibly coming out of the DR. That's just my thought, though.

It could just be that he was catching up with the agent. Cuza not only represents Ortiz and Vlad, but he also represented Pedro Martinez... who Duq was known to have acquired a couple of times. I think it was possibly just a catch-up and a fill-in on new guys possibly coming out of the DR. That's just my thought, though.

As much as I might talk about Ortiz or Vlad, I'm guessing your take is right on.

I'd like to sign Ortiz just so he can go punch Kevin Gregg's lights out and land him on the DL. Just kidding....I think.....

More seriously, I'd have some interest in a 2-year deal with Ortiz. He gives you a great OBP, along with good power. Yes, he is a candidate to slip, but his OBP is likely to be good in almost any scenario.

DD " We have a interest in Bringing in Ortiz on a 1 year deal"

Cruza " Well it would take 3 years and Vladdy would have to return also and 2 years seems fair"

DD " I dont know that we have a interest in Vladdy"

Cruza " Have PA contact me as I have a proposal to deliver to him."

DD " What would that be?"

Cruza " I've been thinking about it all offseason. I will deliver the Orioles Big Pappi for 3/10 per. In addition he will agree to bring back Vlad for $6 Million. I will also deliver P Martinez & Angelos's prodical son Bedard each on 2 year $8 Million per"

DD "Isnt Pedro retired?"

Cruza "Not if the Orioles are interested. I can seal up your whole offseason in one day"

DD " I dont know P Martinez & Vladdy should be retired for good. Pappi is way on the back 9 and Bedard has trouble staying healthy"

Cruza " Tell PA I'm predicting career years from each"

DD " Well we are bottom feeding, so let me make the call to PA"

Cruza " These moves would increase the Latino population at games"

DD " PA says he will happily accept....Can you send the guys to Baltimore for physicals and Press releases"

Cruza " No Physicals (waving his Jedi finger"

DD "No Physicals"

:D

Spesking of Ortiz, if Fielder had to be moved to DH in 4 years or so, is it unrealistic to expect him to be a 4ish WAR player like Ortiz has been?

You would think his overall value to the team would increase because he wouldn't be in the field. Then again that is a ton of money for a DH. Now maybe if you could get a ghost runner or something for him.

Archived