Apparently, we signed someone the FO *really* likes

ChaosLex

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes contracts are signed "pending a physical." In fact I think that's usually how it goes unless the player is coming off an injury, in which case teams (or the player/agent if they think they deserve more) might insist on a physical first.

All contracts are pending a physical, it's built into the CBA

Really, though, why can't they announce who it is?

A few years ago, the Orioles got burned by announcing their six year minor league free agents before the Rule 5 draft, as they lost a player to the Yankees they had just signed. When it comes to 6YMiLFA they will wait to announce them all together unless one goes on Twitter and says hey, guess what.

A few years ago, the Orioles got burned by announcing their six year minor league free agents before the Rule 5 draft, as they lost a player to the Yankees they had just signed. When it comes to 6YMiLFA they will wait to announce them all together unless one goes on Twitter and says hey, guess what.

Anyone follow Brandon Wood on Twitter?

I would take any of these four guys and give them a shot SS/3B Wood, Rhp Adam Miller, Rhp Sean Gallagher, 1B Clement. All of these guys used to be top prospects a few years ago that didn't pan out for what ever reason, I am really hoping it is Miller or Gallagher. Another couple guys that intrique me are C/1B Max Ramirez and also 3B Matt Antonelli , didn't Antonelli used to be a high draft pick top prospect for SD???

Archived