Pujols will set Prince's market. The only team that really needs him is Seattle. It stands to reason that a number of teams would like him at a bargain rate. BJ's, TEX, MIA, Cubs and Brewers. But no team is going to offer more than the Brewers offer, at least not now.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or the O's get used to make a better market. I think the o's are afriad in a way that they are the user. The agent has reporter cronies who plant stories to get scoops.

I can't believe the Orioles would be afraid of that.

Bottom line is they are able to go to a certain level and at that level, they would be happy to get him. If that level is too little, which it probably is, then so be it.

No need to be afraid of something like that.

Good, as they should. Fielder is and would be a great addition to our team, and I have all of the confidence in the world that DD would be able to build a contending team around Prince.

With that said, an MLB Network interview on DD was posted on the O's website, in which Dan was asked why he gave 8 years to Manny, and what qualifications a player has to have in order for him to get that contract. DD said, when he gives those contracts, they are for guys that make the team better, and that will be able to be worth the contract.

Here is the video

Alas, maybe Manny Ramirez-2.0, involving Fielder, and an 8 year contract offer???

I wont read too much into this, but this is good new IMO that the Orioles are being proactive and showing interest.

Pujols will set Prince's market. The only team that really needs him is Seattle. It stands to reason that a number of teams would like him at a bargain rate. BJ's, TEX, MIA, Cubs and Brewers.But no yeam is going to offer more than the Brewers offer, at least not now.

Well, if Pujols is smart, he'll let Price set the market for him. Because he'll basically be able to point to Prince's deal and say, "Gimme that plus 35/40%."

No, it's obviously a ploy to start an eleventy billion page thread on the Orioles Hangout message boards.

I think the O's put that report out there to get Pujols to call them. They know Albert really wants to come here, so they put out a rumor that they are interested in Fielder so that Pujols will lower his price to play for us!

:rolleyes:

They will show interest and they will be interested in him up to a certain price.

But that price will not be enough to sign him.

This. Of course we are interested in him. And with the Marlins spending a ton of money on Reyes they may have taken themselves out the Fielder game. Nationals, M's, Cubs, Blue Jays and Orioles are places where he would be a good fit. But I think the price tag will be too high for the Orioles as well.

Is this for real? I hope it's all not a ploy to get Fielder's price up with Nat's out. Damon anyone? No.and not the ribs place.

I believe Heyman has linked us to at least a half dozen guys so far. None of them seem to have any merit...

Posada

Damon

Manny Ramirez

Jason Varitek

Ortiz?

Am I missing anyone?

Cespedes... (I'd like to believe that one)

The Orioles best hope is that NL teams are scared off by his body type and him having to move to DH.

Then, the AL teams just don't go too high for him.

If those things happen, MAYBE his price comes down to the point where he becomes a possibility for the Orioles.

As DD said, he is watching the market for him...and that is pretty much what he is watching for IMO.

Well, if Pujols is smart, he'll let Price set the market for him. Because he'll basically be able to point to Prince's deal and say, "Gimme that plus 35/40%."
Fewer teams are interested in Pojols than Fielder. Marlins, Cubs, St. Louis. IF Pujols gets 30M per, Prince can ask 25M. If Pujols gets 20M Prince will come cheap.

Secret mandate? I know Angelos is a Mason.Let's connect the dots. Fielder was seen in Cleveland wearing a Brewers hat. The brewers hat has a hop leaf on it. It is brown like the team in Cleveland. Angelos wears a brown derby. Fielder is sending a message. Colt Mccoy plays for the Browns. The Ravens play the Colts next week. Prince William will be at the game and so will the Prince of Brewtown. It all makes perfect sense.

The Orioles best hope is that NL teams are scared off by his body type and him having to move to DH.

Then, the AL teams just don't go too high for him.

If those things happen, MAYBE his price comes down to the point where he becomes a possibility for the Orioles.

As DD said, he is watching the market for him...and that is pretty much what he is watching for IMO.

They were talking about that very thing on MLB network the other day and I have to agree. If NL teams get scared off by the back-end of that contract that only leaves the Jays, us and maybe the Angels in play for him.

Archived