Angelos may be mandating the signing of Fielder!

Roll Tide

The Orioles' interest in Fielder is the secret mandate of owner Peter Angelos, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. I think a team's owner will be involved no matter where Fielder signs.

Yea I know another Fielder thread ...But I thought it deserved its own thread. This just proves Angelos has the money and hopefully a renewed desire to boost the Orioles asap.Could he be ready to spend some of that MASN money?

I wondering if Buck is pushing for Fielder also? I know I would if I were Buck.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea I know another Fielder thread ...But I thought it deserved its own thread. This just proves Angelos has the money and hopefully a renewed desire to boost the Orioles asap.Could he be ready to spend some of that MASN money?

I wondering if Buck is pushing for Fielder also? I know I would if I were Buck.

Guthrie should be pushing for him, maybe he will actually get some run support.

Since you want to post a quote that's in another thread, I'll give you the response I gave then.

If this is a secret mandate, how does Heyman know about it?

This proves precisely bupkis, less than zero, nothing, nada, zip.....

I still believe Heyman is a Boras mouthpiece, and this is just him creating some buzz. At least, I hope so. I'm not in the "sign Fielder" camp unless the rotation and BP are also addressed.

How does it make any sense for the O's to sign Fielder? They're not even close to getting out of last place for the next decade even with him.

Agreed. Until they have a rotation that resembles a MLB pitching staff, there aren't enough MOO bats to vault them out of the cellar of the East.

Since you want to post a quote that's in another thread, I'll give you the response I gave then.

If this is a secret mandate, how does Heyman know about it?

This proves precisely bupkis, less than zero, nothing, nada, zip.....

I was listing for the more casual poster who doesnt look through every post of a 13+ page thread

Heyman has a better idea than you or me....Is he right who knows ....I find it amusing that DD said the Orioles werent interested in Prince or Albert P. That they would focus elsewhere. Now all the sudden they are interested...Usually where there's smoke...Ummm you know FIRE.

I still believe Heyman is a Boras mouthpiece, and this is just him creating some buzz. At least, I hope so. I'm not in the "sign Fielder" camp unless the rotation and BP are also addressed.

Why wouldnt they still be looking to address the pitching.... Just supose that Angelos told DD ...You rebuild the pitching staff, But I want Fielder and Im willing to pay his contract out of MASN money and not hold it against your budget. I'm not saying it will happen...But it might be possible.

Fielder is not going to sign with Baltimore

waterweek1_03.jpg

Tell you what, I'll make a pledge. The day this offseason that Baltimore signs Fielder, I'll walk away from this place. I'll say I was wrong, and exit stage right. This is provided that the day Prince signs with another team, the guy from Maine who doesn't watch the games, and his fanclub, agree to leave right on the spot.

I'll be glad when Fielder signs somewhere so that all the folks who are only interested in signing big names to stupid contracts go back in hiding.

You mean the people who want to see the Orioles win at all costs? Yeah I just hate fans like that.

waterweek1_03.jpg

Tell you what, I'll make a pledge. The day this offseason that Baltimore signs Fielder, I'll walk away from this place. I'll say I was wrong, and exit stage right. This is provided that the day Prince signs with another team, the guy from Maine who doesn't watch the games, and his fanclub, agree to leave right on the spot.

(Trea's already said that he's leaving (and admitting that PA is the problem) if DD doesn't make a big FA splash this winter)

waterweek1_03.jpg

Im not in in anyone's fan club TS .... I still think the chances of us getting Fielder is pretty low. I wanted the Orioles to start being a player in free agency like (HE) did in the mid 90s. The Orioles can afford to be and anyone who thinks they cant is Naive.

Come on ... The Nats gave big contract out last year in free agency and they have a 6 year offer on the table and are on the verge of signing CJ Wilson and all the Orioles can afford is leftover rubbish.

Archived