Saying bye to Matusz?

RyanW

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say this, I've heard some pretty strong rumors that Matusz did not talk with Adair last year very much and that their relationship is not exactly good. I know there are folks who are down on Matusz and those who think he can rebound. I for one wonder if his pitching style fits Camden Yards?

Let's just say I will not be totally surprised if Matusz was moved this offseason. It honestly might be best for everyone involved, but I don't think the Orioles are going to give him away for 25 cents on the dollar so something substantial would have to come back in return. Matusz still has potential and I'm encouraged by him working out with Brady this offseason. I'd probably give him one more year before moving him unless I got something good in return.

Unless you think that what he is is what you've got. This might be the last chance to chance to cash in on his supposed potential. If Kenny Williams wants him, I say bring Gavin Back home to throw batting practice to Lucas.

Take this for what it's worth....my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, said the Orioles will sign Fielder in the next 24 hours :rolleyestf:

I was simply stating what I heard. I claimed no truth to it. I just thought it would make a good discussion is all.

Wow, another one of these posts. :rolleyes:

The guy is just telling us what he heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

OK...if that's the case and it's alright to just spew some information without any proof or link or anything of substance, then I'll go out and throw up about 20 threads of what I heard from the guy cleaning the toilets in the Orioles Warehouse. Although with the way the Orioles have been run, I'm sure there are a few jokes that could probably be said after that comment.

question: How much lower could matusz value possibly drop at this point?

Answer: Significantly. Another year like last year and his value next winter may be close to zero. Right now, i believe there are a number of gms thinking they can get this guy turned around and may be willing to part with something decent to find out. If dd gets the right offer, he may have to pull the trigger. Next year may be too late.

no, no, no, no, no....

OK...if that's the case and it's alright to just spew some information without any proof or link or anything of substance, then I'll go out and throw up about 20 threads of what I heard from the guy cleaning the toilets in the Orioles Warehouse. Although with the way the Orioles have been run, I'm sure there are a few jokes that could probably be said after that comment.

Please do. Janitors have the best stories.

I wonder how legit this kind of third party info is, but we've had people pass along real info before and get responses similar to yours. Then they stopped posting.

I'll wade through some BS to get to some real insider info.

I was simply stating what I heard. I claimed no truth to it. I just thought it would make a good discussion is all.

Sorry...maybe I was a little harsh, but that's the same thing folks were doing over on the Sun's boards and it was quite annoying when the dust settled and those "what I heard" statements were never true.

Archived