Morosi on Fielder's suitors...including the Orioles

MrOrange82

"We Know They're In"

Suffice it to say that made me double-take. Who knows they're in, and how do they know? Morosi's blurb on the Orioles (he included them in the "in" group along with the Cubs, Mariners, and Brewers) doesn't say anything that makes it sounds as though it's based on firsthand knowledge. Just sounds like more of the same speculation:

Orioles: In some ways, the Orioles are an eastern version of the Mariners. They have a yawning need for a big bat, but their chances of contending in the American League East are so slim that Fielder may be reluctant to sign there. But if owner Peter Angelos decides to make a statement by offering Pujols-type money, Fielder could stun the baseball world and go to Baltimore.

So what's he basing his groupings on? And why did I start a new thread?

(think anthill/magnifying glass)

:D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spec-u-lation.

Of course IF Angelos decided to pony up it would shock the world, but I'd imagine the Cubs will pay the same or more than the O's and they will compete before we will. Easier division, Theo, etc.

Agreed. I really despise the liberties sports writers are permitted to take when commenting on "facts." Pretty bold to say "we know they're in" without sourcing...anything.

Fielder may have to settle for 5 yr $100 mil. Probably the Cubs but would love to see the O's jump on that deal. Fielder can still sign another mega deal at 32.

I doubt he'll play around in the market at that age. With so much money in the bank, he'd probably be more inclined to capture a couple gas giants and, benevolent behemoth that he is, exit the solar system before going all nova on life as we know it.

I'm slowly starting to get the feeling he'll return to Milwaukee even though they signed Ramirez. I just don't see him coming to Baltimore. Sure this is probably the best place for him to swing the bat, but I just cannot envision the circumstances necessary for it to happen ACTUALLY coming together.

Now please someone stop me before I start envisioning line-ups in my head!

I'm slowly starting to get the feeling he'll return to Milwaukee even though they signed Ramirez. I just don't see him coming to Baltimore. Sure this is probably the best place for him to swing the bat, but I just cannot envision the circumstances necessary for it to happen ACTUALLY coming together.

Now please someone stop me before I start envisioning line-ups in my head!

Milwaukee can't afford him. They had to defer ARam's contract...

Fielder to the Orioles is not a pipedream.

We are the best fit for him, if we come up with the cash.

7/160 gets it done IMO.

Archived