Morosi on Fielder's suitors...including the Orioles

MrOrange82

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, I'm so sick of this stuff. If we sign Fielder I'll buy everyone here an O's tickets. It might take me 30 years but I'll do it. Hell, I'll buy everyone a beer at a future Hangout event if word gets out that we make Fielder a legit offer.

Milwaukee can't afford him. They had to defer ARam's contract...

Fielder to the Orioles is not a pipedream.

We are the best fit for him, if we come up with the cash.

7/160 gets it done IMO.

Total pipedream. He will just take a short 3 year deal and hit free agency again at 30 and still make major bank

Total pipedream. He will just take a short 3 year deal and hit free agency again at 30 and still make major bank

This is faulty logic. I don't think Fielder will sign with Baltimore, but why would he stand to make more money (i.e., more money than he could earn through whatever deal he signs this winter) at age 30 (given that he remains extremely fat)? He'd be older, with fewer prime years in front of him, and the concerns that are depressing his ::coughscalecough:: value this winter will only be amplified several years from now.

I think we should start a thread on "If Fielder signs with the Orioles, I will...."

Here I will start. If Fielder signs with the O's, I will go streaking to the grocery store.

Who's next?

Not happening. It would be nice, but not happening.

lol...must spread rep.

Alternate answer: Fielder would be none too pleased if the moon's, in fact, made of cheese.

Addendum to alternate answer: mmm...solar nachos.

Shtubey!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LBQ2305fLeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived