#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really depends on the prospect for me, though I don't like that a lot of the value in the trade is being soaked up by JJ.

Yes, in terms of value of the trade, but like you said, I'd rather have the prospect value that Jurrjens represents. And do we even know if the O's are getting a prospect?

Roch just more or less confirmed that all of this is, in fact, going on in his latest blog entry.

For those of you still in doubt: Link.

No confirmation, but no denial. I don't think Roch would post this in the middle of the night unless he was fairly sure that something was going to go down soon.

I am glad that they are apparently strongly considering dealing Jones.

I will not be glad if it's for Jurrjens. Not so much because of my opinion on him specifically, but because they should not be dealing one guy with 4 years of service for another. They should be dealing Jones for a package of good to great prospects or players with 4+ years of service time remaining.

Yeah, I agree but I think it also depends who we get in addition to Jurrjens. If it's Prado and a low level prospect I won't be happy. I can skip Prado unless he's part of a another deal. I generally agree we need good ML ready prospects here.

Sometimes, I wonder whether people on this board are advocating for a strategy of trading everyone for prospects, then when those prospects get good, trade them for more prospects, and never actually field a ML caliber team. I want JJ, and I want to win. The prospect game is just as risky as JJ's knee. Let's get a player who can play in the major leagues, rather than 3 guys who might someday.

No confirmation, but no denial. I don't think Roch would post this in the middle of the night unless he was fairly sure that something was going to go down soon.

And to think, I was just making a quick check of the OH before bed and find all of this!! Time to make some coffee:)

Sometimes, I wonder whether people on this board are advocating for a strategy of trading everyone for prospects, then when those prospects get good, trade them for more prospects, and never actually field a ML caliber team. I want JJ, and I want to win. The prospect game is just as risky as JJ's knee. Let's get a player who can play in the major leagues, rather than 3 guys who might someday.

We play in the best division in the game and our rotation was absolute slop. We need to take some risks with high ceiling players to even fantasize about clawing our way out of the cellar.

I still think there is a decent chance Prado is part of this deal. He makes sense at 2B or 3B for this O's team. Maybe the Braves have stepped up their willingness to go higher on a 3rd piece or maybe we've decided to add someone to the pot(JJ, Matusz) to acquire on of their top prospects. The one thing I feel pretty comfortable saying is that we aren't getting JJ and 2 of their top pitching prospects.

How about Jonny Venters as a piece in a trade to serve as future closer. He is LH with high groundball tendencies and high strikeout totals and blocked by Kimball??? LH with this kind of stuff are extremely rare and he is 4 years from free agency. My only concern is he has been extremely overworked.

Multiple times on AJ's twitter, people have asked him about FanFest and his only response has been that he doesn't know if he's attending.

Things are getting interesting..

I would hate to deal with this crap if I were an athlete. Then again I wouldn't be on twitter, so I guess he's asking for it.

Archived