Nestor & Flanny speak on rally

ex-man O

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope.

It's the same way that Miggy, Gibbons, Roberts and others have said that we want to win...let's do what it takes. If Gomez or Millar or whomever gets offended by that, that's unfortunate.

Someone in this thread said that the players would probably be amused by the protest. I'm just not so sure about that.

A few of the players are sure, and rightfully so, that they are part of the solution and not the problem.

And a few of the players are sure, or should be, that they are part of the problem and not the solution.

But, the majority of the players have to wonder if they are being supported by the protest or if they are being protested against.

There can't be anything amusing about that.

Normally I'd stay out of this, but first you correct Boca on the quote, and now this. Once, might be funny, but twice is a bore. Or is that boar?

Um, okay man, seriously, are you reading my posts? That wasn't a correction. It was praise. He got it right, and it's commonly not gotten right. The fact that it's the same guy is coincidental, if you had said it, I would have said the same thing. Not to mention the first time was a heads up that his quote might not be a quote. Trying to help. However, this is the second time that it seems you aren't even reading my posts, but skimming them, and it's becoming quite exasperating.

Someone in this thread said that the players would probably be amused by the protest. I'm just not so sure about that.

A few of the players are sure, and rightfully so, that they are part of the solution and not the problem.

And a few of the players are sure, or should be, that they are part of the problem and not the solution.

But, the majority of the players have to wonder if they are being supported by the protest or if they are being protested against.

At the same time, you can't be sure how many players are thinking:

"I would love to be walking out with the fans right now to display my thoughts of this management / ownership"

I would say that half the people who attend this rally aren't true Orioles fans to begin with.

Regardless of how much you hate PA or the lack of success we've had the past 9 years, true fans would stay behind the team.

Walking out an hour the game is only going to look foolish. If you are upset with Angelos why did you pay him to attend the game? Why did you stay for an hour of the game?

I totally disagree. So many of my friends and myself are diehard Baltimore Oriole fans and even though NOT ONE is a fan of Nestor they support the rally to support PA and the organization that if it is run right by him or another owner the support will be there.

I respect your opinion but have never more strongly disagreed with one on this board. True fans have passion not apathy. You don't believe in the rally...fine. You obviously care about the Baltimore Orioles or you would not be on this board. Is your solution to sit passively like we have ALL done the past nine seasons and watch the same thing year after year?

The rally may not make a difference but atleast the fans can feel as though they had their voice heard.

The players aren't that stupid, they know the protest is about Angelos and not them. Flanagans an idiot.

I know he's not as experienced a baseball man as any body who post's at OH but what would you expect him to say. "Yes Angelos is a poor owner and the team would be better off without him"?

I had heard that too, but I read this paper recently that not only tried to trace the origins, it documented as many of the variations of the quote they could find. There had to have been 50-60 variations, which is never a good sign.

.....Or 50 or 60 versions of the same quote means that it was definitely said by Burke-- just the dispute lies in the exact way in which it was said :eek::P:D

.....Or 50 or 60 versions of the same quote means that it was definitely said by Burke-- just the dispute lies in the exact way in which it was said :eek::P:D

If you would have seen the variations, especially in context, you could see that the variations were specific to the needs of the particular author. One of them even included America in the quote.

Exactly, even though many on here assume that they are.

I'm not assuming that they are.

All Im saying is that this protest is not directed at just PA even if that's the intent, because they are protesting at the Baltimore Orioles game. Is that so hard to understand?

At the same time, you can't be sure how many players are thinking:

"I would love to be walking out with the fans right now to display my thoughts of this management / ownership"

I agree, and we can't be really sure about what an individual player is thinking unless he honestly speaks up.

But I still stand behind my main point...and that is, nobody should be flippantly saying this is a protest against the owner and not the players. If you are protesting the owner, then you absolutely have to be protesting against the players that are on the field...you are saying that they just aren't good enough.

I thought I was reading them. I think you're assuming that I'm skimming them. Exasperated? What a shame! Try and hang on.

If you're trying to goad me, you're not doing a very good job. You're just lowering my opinion of you, which was quite high. But, by all means, continue. Continue to respond directly to me and say things that display you didn't fully read or comprehend what I wrote. I don't mind lively debates, which I thought this was, but when I get the distinct impression that I'm either not being taken seriously, or being humored or goaded, I really start losing my appetite.

I'd guess the majority of the players are actually thinking, "man, this town is pissed."

We've lost for 9 years in a row!!! 9!!! I refuse to become the Royals with a nicer ballpark.

True fans have passion not apathy. You don't believe in the rally...fine. You obviously care about the Baltimore Orioles or you would not be on this board. Is your solution to sit passively like we have ALL done the past nine seasons and watch the same thing year after year?

The rally may not make a difference but atleast the fans can feel as though they had their voice heard.

I believe in a rally just not this rally.

Gee, how did I miss this one? A lot of people who bring up opposition to the protest seem to have let negative feelings about Nestor influence their feelings about it. That was my point. Flimsy sideways arguing? Do your really talk like that?

I don't know Nestor, nor have I ever listened to the guy. My only opinion of Nestor is what I've been able to gather from people on here.

Archived