Nestor & Flanny speak on rally

ex-man O

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, lets not send a message that the product on the field is substandard and hurt anyones feelings... I'm sure being 29 games out hasn't been noticed by anyone.... for 9 years...

Obviously, you missed my point. I'm not concerned about hurting anyone's feelings. I just don't understand those who say it is a protest against the owner and not the players...aren't you protesting against the team that the owner put on the field?

Flash enough green to a player and he'll say: "Who's Nestor?".

Hey RZNJ....here's an instance of a pro-protest person name dropping Nestor.

They won't say "who's Nestor," anyway. They'd question the mass walkout of many many fans. You are right though...show them enough green...but wait, when was the last time Angelos wanted to do that on a consistent basis?

Obviously, you missed my point. I'm not concerned about hurting anyone's feelings. I just don't understand those who say it is a protest against the owner and not the players...aren't you protesting against the team that the owner put on the field?

Nope.

It's the same way that Miggy, Gibbons, Roberts and others have said that we want to win...let's do what it takes. If Gomez or Millar or whomever gets offended by that, that's unfortunate.

Well I suppose there is a difference between protesting the producton on the field in general, and protesting players or performance specifically(IE.. ARod in NY). The latter is personal....

I never said "AHA GOT YOU NOW". That's an assumption on your part. Don't get paranoid on me! You intellectuals are a very sensitive bunch.

Well, you double bolded my post to highlight the contrast, then "good for the goose, good for the gander"ed me...what exactly were you going for there? ;)

Hey Wedge! Not trying to bust your balls or insult you, but is Mike Flanagan close to PA and part of management? Do you think he's been down in the clubhouse asking each player how they feel about this protest? And even if he is asking them, as PA's right hand man, how many players do you expect to say something positve about the protest?

Oh sure! Some player who might want to come back here next year, or might be working here next year, is going to come out and say the protest is a good idea. Right!

I thought in an interview, Flanagan said that he stayed out of the clubhouse because that was the "players" area.

I think Flanny is being Flanny, that is, toeing the company line.

Hey RZNJ....here's an instance of a pro-protest person name dropping Nestor.

They won't say "who's Nestor," anyway. They'd question the mass walkout of many many fans. You are right though...show them enough green...but wait, when was the last time Angelos wanted to do that on a consistent basis?

Thus, the protest.

I'm not sure exactly what is expected to happen after people walk out. PGA puts the team up for sale? The team plays inspired baseball for the last week of the season?

I'm interested to see what sort of attention it gets. It's going to be a very small crowd. The game isn't on local TV and it's not on TV in Detroit, so is anybody going to catch it on film? There won't be more than a brief mention of this in the national media. Perhaps that's the way Aparicio wants it. That way he can embellish the scene and nobody can refute the details.

This protest is an interesting idea and the fans deserve a pat on the back for their passion. But clearly the primary goal is for Aparicio to get his radio station mentioned in the local media. That goal has been accomplished. Nothing else will become of it.

I thought in an interview, Flanagan said that he stayed out of the clubhouse because that was the "players" area.

I think Flanny is being Flanny, that is, toeing the company line.

He very well could have said that, but that doesn't mean he never talks to them. There's a lot more places there than the clubhouse.

By the by, congrats on the "toeing." Most people write towing.

I see some believe in the Company line or should I say lie. So if some want to walk out and protest against the owner then I am there is spirit. Players know that it has been nine damn years of losing that is making fans upset at the owner. not them. They know the reason for the walk out. I doubt that the players will feel that it is against them. They are not that stupid.

Which, considering the vastness of Angelos' ego and hubris, won't make a dent in his attitude. That geezer does what he wants to do. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead in to an iceberg. (I know I mixed my nautical references)

I agree that your post is one opinion...

Archived