Brady has a BIG Role

beardbr

This may come off uninformed and out of the loop but shouldn't Tripp Norton be flamed

More then the Stockstills? He has been here through the losing and held title of asst of player development. The development hasn't been great.

It is uninformed. Why would Norton be flamed? He was promoted to Director, Baseball Administration , which basically gives him the title that more suited what he's been involved in over the years more than. Norton has been involved with very successful arbitration cases over the years as well as being the guy in charge of the administration side of the minor leagues (getting guys paid, transferred, etc). Although Tripp has a good baseball eye and can talk prospects with the best of them, he's had more of an administration role than a development role over the years. Tripp is a good company guy who doesn't get involved in the politics around him, but who can be counted on to get the job done.

As for the "Stockstills," again, they are not one and the same. John Stockstill is an excellent baseball man who is an asset to the organization due to his shoot straight attitude.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady is more of a conditioning and coaching kind of hire than a potential GM to anyone who thought that. I wouldnt expect him to know about negotiating salaries or managing trades or the 40 man roster. Does he have any type of scouting experience beyond being a player?? As far as motivating players to workout and play their positions better.... Brady can only help. The Orioles seem to have a problem acquiring players who arent properly motivated for whatever reason. Our ML pitchers dont like to work on or throw different pitches, position players that hate taking a walk or working on defense, etc, etc.

It is uninformed. Why would Norton be flamed? He was promoted to Director, Baseball Administration , which basically gives him the title that more suited what he's been involved in over the years more than. Norton has been involved with very successful arbitration cases over the years as well as being the guy in charge of the administration side of the minor leagues (getting guys paid, transferred, etc). Although Tripp has a good baseball eye and can talk prospects with the best of them, he's had more of an administration role than a development role over the years. Tripp is a good company guy who doesn't get involved in the politics around him, but who can be counted on to get the job done.

As for the "Stockstills," again, they are not one and the same. John Stockstill is an excellent baseball man who is an asset to the organization due to his shoot straight attitude.

Thanks for educating me:)

Brady is more of a conditioning and coaching kind of hire than a potential GM to anyone who thought that. I wouldnt expect him to know about negotiating salaries or managing trades or the 40 man roster. Does he have any type of scouting experience beyond being a player?? As far as motivating players to workout and play their positions better.... Brady can only help. The Orioles seem to have a problem acquiring players who arent properly motivated for whatever reason. Our ML pitchers dont like to work on or throw different pitches, position players that hate taking a walk or working on defense, etc, etc.

I would have agreed, but evidently this is not the case. DD strikes again with his out of the box Front Office. Did you notice how many of the promotions were young former interns? The Geriatrics and the College kids. Quite the mix.

These changes are great and all, but if the team loses 100 games and DD gets let go like the previous guys, what is the point? The new guy will do the same thing. I would be more excited about a good trade for a SP, a signing of a DH or a clear plan for 2nd base.

I could not disagree with you more. This team is going no place until it becomes better at acquiring amateur talent and developing the talent it has, both at the minor league level and in the majors.

These changes are great and all, but if the team loses 100 games and DD gets let go like the previous guys, what is the point? The new guy will do the same thing. I would be more excited about a good trade for a SP, a signing of a DH or a clear plan for 2nd base.

:thumbsup1: AMEN!!

I could not disagree with you more. This team is going no place until it becomes better at acquiring amateur talent and developing the talent it has, both at the minor league level and in the majors.

I am pleased with the fact that things seem to be different.

Guest rochester

Older, experienced guys training the young - good thing...

I wonder if Cal recommended Brady so he can become GM when Cal, et al. buys the team :eektf:

Frobby: I think you missed the point of my posts. I agree with you, but individual signings of personnel are getting people excited? They will be gone under another administration, so what is the point? Try signing some players and I will get excited.

I am pleased with the fact that things seem to be different.

Definitely. I definitely feel as if DD is making the changes needed to beef up our development system. It seems to me that he's done more in those regards already than AM ever did. I'm not bashing AM...I just don't think he did enough, whether his hands were tied or not.

I would have agreed, but evidently this is not the case. DD strikes again with his out of the box Front Office. Did you notice how many of the promotions were young former interns? The Geriatrics and the College kids. Quite the mix.

I'm skeptical of any promotions inside the warehouse. I dont deny DD has alot of authority but it was a little strange Luke Scott said he wasnt really contacted this offseason. And the 'MacPhail-wife-Republican expose' last year seemed like a veiled attempt to annoy or creep MacPhail out enough to get him to leave. If things are truly different it would be nice. I just dont seem sure of that yet.

Frobby: I think you missed the point of my posts. I agree with you, but individual signings of personnel are getting people excited? They will be gone under another administration, so what is the point? Try signing some players and I will get excited.
I think you missed his point. He is saying that signing FA's is the last thing we need to have happen. Very inefficient for a team that needs so much work on infrastructure and development.

Archived