Brady has a BIG Role

beardbr

I think you missed his point. He is saying that signing FA's is the last thing we need to have happen. Very infficeient for a team that needs so much work on infrastructure and development.

So you and Frobby are happy with the team as it is currently?!?!?! My oh my....

I am not against improving player development, that is our main problem. The international scouting moves are great too, but all is for nothing if DD is shown the door in 2 or 3 years. I think we should not lose focus on winning some baseball games. I do believe that is the goal of playing baseball.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you and Frobby are happy with the team as it is currently?!?!?! My oh my....

I am not against improving player development, that is our main problem. The international scouting moves are great too, but all is for nothing if DD is shown the door in 2 or 3 years. I think we should not lose focus on winning some baseball games. I do believe that is the goal of playing baseball.

We need to improve our starting pitching and the team will be better. Once this team is better, it would be in our best interest to fill final holes.

Eddie's Article

Duquette said on a conference call Thursday that Anderson’s role with the team will be different from former Phillies general manager Lee Thomas, who shares the same title but handles more of an assistant general manager role under Duquette. The Orioles announced their hiring of Anderson, an Orioles Hall of Famer, on Thursday afternoon.

“He can help us in the areas he’s really passionate about,” Duquette said of Anderson, “and those areas are player development and fitness. Those are two areas where we’re going to leverage Brady’s passion and leadership to help us develop. He’s a good baseball man, and we’re glad to have him."

Duquette said Anderson will help the club forge new standards in player conditioning.

“That’s an area where we are going to work very diligently to establish protocol and standards so that the players understand what they need to do to be conditioned at a high level to compete in the American League,” Duquette said.

per Eduardo A. Encina

Eddie's Article

per Eduardo A. Encina

Thank god! It has been a pet peeve of mine for a while now that there was no protocol for conditioning. I never could wrap my arms around how guys being paid millions were essentially left to their own devices from October to February. And I mean that from a perspective for such a huge investment you weren't intimately involved in optimizing your return on that investment. I'm very excited to see this team running at it's highest physical level. Got to be worth a few Ws.

We don't have a GM, so we don't have an assistant GM," Duquette said on a conference call with Baltimore reporters. "He's a good baseball man, but I don't know that you can necessarily compare what he is doing and what Lee is doing. They are both special assistants that will help us."

Duquette

Hearing that the Orioles will have qualified people in charge of pitching, hitting, AND conditioning is like waking up on Christmas morning as a child. This is everything I ever wanted, But....and this is a big But, just like a kid at Christmas if the toys don't bring value to the experience day after day it will quickly be forgotten and next thing you know you have Cabin Fever at the end of February and all the toys are broken, lost, or traded away to your friends. I cannot tell you how happy I am that the Orioles are finally entering the 1990's. Only 20 years to catch up to the Rays, Yanks, Soxs, and Blue Jays. How quickly will we start to notice the changes? My honest guess is 2-3 years. And we should now if there is actual talent at AA and AAA knocking on the door to make a real contribution to the MLB team. We need a farm system like the Dodgers in the 90's where they produced candidates for ROY ever year.

I've always been a strong proponent of yoga in sports. I'd like to see us hire a full-time yoga instructor for at least the major league club and perhaps see it trickle down into the minors. When I was in high school we had a faculty member who was a yoga instructor and he worked with us my entire senior year. We had very few injuries that year compared to the previous seasons and as for me, really helped with my speed. I was able to steal 37 bases that season compared to 15 the year before.

I think you missed his point. He is saying that signing FA's is the last thing we need to have happen. Very inefficient for a team that needs so much work on infrastructure and development.

I don't mind free agents if the price is righr and there is a need. But I feel that acquiring and developing young talent is the highest priority so whatever is done to help in that regard is more important to me than a few expensive player moves.

I don't mind free agents if the price is righr and there is a need. But I feel that acquiring and developing young talent is the highest priority so whatever is done to help in that regard is more important to me than a few expensive player moves.

Thank you for clarifying.

"We had a nice group in Irvine," Matusz said, rattling off a list of names that included Tommy Hunter, Chris Tillman, Rick VandenHurk and Scott Beerer. "I've been working out there, focusing on power lifts and speed, and balancing between the two of them. I'm having a good time. It's a good group. We're just having fun as well as working hard."

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/01/matusz-and-lots-more.html

"We had a nice group in Irvine," Matusz said, rattling off a list of names that included Tommy Hunter, Chris Tillman, Rick VandenHurk and Scott Beerer. "I've been working out there, focusing on power lifts and speed, and balancing between the two of them. I'm having a good time. It's a good group. We're just having fun as well as working hard."

I'm amazed how many posters have written offf Matusz. If things click with him, he could be the best pitcher we have, as many expected last year.

I'm amazed how many posters have written offf Matusz. If things click with him, he could be the best pitcher we have, as many expected last year.
You have been on this board for a long time.

How on earth could you be surprised with this?

This board, in general, is EXTREMELY bi-polar.

He was fine working behind the scenes with no title.

"I could have gone on indefinitely," he said. "It wasn't like I was calling and asking for a title. Just the opposite. I was like, 'I'm fine. Don't worry, don't worry.' 'What are we going to name you?' 'It doesn't matter.'

"I was more reluctant just because, what does that matter? Why do I care? So I can get a business card? I don't want a business card with my name on it."

Anderson is grinning as he continues his thought.

"I'm happy I don't have one," he said. "Now I'm going to have to get one. I'm not very happy about it."

"The goal for me was to just get stronger, to be more powerful, faster and to be able to work out with a bunch of the guys. It's nice to work out with teammates because we're able to push each other and really get after it."

Does he notice a big difference in himself?

"Absolutely. Big time," he said. "Brady has a good program."

Archived