• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

After the t-bag saga, I refuse to get my hopes up about any *premium* FA's signing with the O's.

No, you shouldn't get your hopes up. At this point, the Orioles are still unlikely to sign him.

HOWEVER, what is going on is that Fielder's market isn't strong(although it only takes one dumb team), no one is really pushing hard for him and people have enough concerns about him that it is keeping his price tag in an area where the Orioles are comfortable going, at least as of now.

This has always been the formula for the Orioles to be able to sign Prince.

Jtrea's idea of throwing 7/175 at him was and is nothing the Orioles will do. But if they can get him for 6 years at 140M or less, I am pretty sure they jump at that.

This has always been the case...They have obviously been interested in him for a while. That was genuine. The reason it was far fetched is because you assume that enough teams throw stupid enough money at him that the Orioles get outbid. But, that hasn't happened yet and there is enough info out there(although it could be bs) to make you think that the Orioles do have a shot at this if they are willing to go 6 years at 21-23M a year, which is an area I saw someone predict he would sign for.

No, you shouldn't get your hopes up. At this point, the Orioles are still unlikely to sign him.

HOWEVER, what is going on is that Fielder's market isn't strong(although it only takes one dumb team), no one is really pushing hard for him and people have enough concerns about him that it is keeping his price tag in an area where the Orioles are comfortable going, at least as of now.

This has always been the formula for the Orioles to be able to sign Prince.

Jtrea's idea of throwing 7/175 at him was and is nothing the Orioles will do. But if they can get him for 6 years at 140M or less, I am pretty sure they jump at that.

This has always been the case...They have obviously been interested in him for a while. That was genuine. The reason it was far fetched is because you assume that enough teams throw stupid enough money at him that the Orioles get outbid. But, that hasn't happened yet and there is enough info out there(although it could be bs) to make you think that the Orioles do have a shot at this if they are willing to go 6 years at 21-23M a year, which is an area I saw someone predict he would sign for.

Fielder scares me a bit, but I am really tired of the black hole that first base has become for this team. I would certainly welcome him here with open arms, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyone taking bets on whether Rosenthal slams the move if (shudder) the O's actually sign PF?

I think a lot of national writers would and should slam it as a baseball move.

In many ways, it doesn't make sense.

But I think most would say that on a PR level, its a great move for the team.

Winning is the only good PR move for the team in the medium to long term. If you sign him, I still look to trade Jones.

I think we have to see the contract before we can say that it's a bad baseball move.

:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

If they announce it at Fanfest I will make a bee-line from Westminster.

If they announce at fan fest I will make bee-line from Hartford CT!

Then again I do have to go around NYC, and there is snow in the forecast...so maybe I will just jump up and down in my house. Though if I see Prince in a Ravens hat at Foxboro I will make sure to let everyone know.

If they announce at fan fest I will make bee-line from Hartford CT!

Then again I do have to go around NYC, and there is snow in the forecast...so maybe I will just jump up and down in my house. Though if I see Prince in a Ravens hat at Foxboro I will make sure to let everyone know.

Can I hitch a ride with you? ;)

Archived