I asked my friend again if she could provide me with more news and her guy didn't get back to her. According to her, most sport writers she knows on the West Coast don't even know the Orioles exist or simply don't care (no joke) but they have heard some stuff about Fielder and Baltimore.

It looks like another poster (MJA3488) also has some of the same info.

This could all blow up in our faces like the TEX saga but I don't believe this is ALL smoke.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked my friend again if she could provide me with more news and her guy didn't get back to her. According to her, most sport writers she knows on the West Coast don't even know the Orioles exist or simply don't care (no joke) but they have heard some stuff about Fielder and Baltimore.

It looks like another poster (MJA3488) also has some of the same info.

This could all blow up in our faces like the TEX saga but I don't believe this is ALL smoke.

Tex saga I: T-Bag signs with MFY.

Tex saga II: Prince signs with Tex.

Tex saga I: T-Bag signs with MFY.

Tex saga II: Prince signs with Tex.

And you could be right. :)

I never said my info was rock solid. And that's been my point since the beginning.

However, there is some news circulating that isn't being reported yet in the national sports media. Who knows what happens next?

And you could be right. :)

I never said my info was rock solid. And that's been my point since the beginning.

However, there is some news circulating that isn't being reported yet in the national sports media. Who knows what happens next?

Why not just spill it, or are you being coy for effect?

I see wearing #45 for the O's. Cecil wore #45, right?

You know, speaking of his dad. Who can forget, "Big Cecil"? Back in the day when Cal and Cecil played, I seem to recall them being pretty good friends. I remember growing up and seeing them at many an All-Star game yucking it up. The O's and Tigers had many a battle in the late 80's through the 90's. Now, this could be nothing or it could hold some merit. But, I gotta believe that maybe Cecil has put in a good word for Baltimore in his conversations with his son. Not only his relationship with Cal, but also Camden Yards, the Inner Harbor, and hopefully how great the fans are, as well. Couple this with the talks that you know he's had with JJ Hardy, and, well, we have more going for us then I think people realize.

You know, speaking of his dad. Who can forget, "Big Cecil"? Back in the day when Cal and Cecil played, I seem to recall them being pretty good friends. I remember growing up and seeing them at many an All-Star game yucking it up. The O's and Tigers had many a battle in the late 80's through the 90's. Now, this could be nothing or it could hold some merit. But, I gotta believe that maybe Cecil has put in a good word for Baltimore in his conversations with his son. Not only his relationship with Cal, but also Camden Yards, the Inner Harbor, and hopefully how great the fans are, as well. Couple this with the talks that you know he's had with JJ Hardy, and, well, we have more going for us then I think people realize.

Pretty sure Prince and his father are not on speaking terms.

Unless something has changed recently that I don't know about.

Essentially, the news is what has already been bandied about around here. I have tried to stay away from saying too much for fear of people calling me a liar or claiming that I am just making up stuff on a slow news day.

The news is that the Orioles had already begun to discuss firm numbers with Fielder and his people. The reason this is significant is because Texas and the Nationals (who are our prime rivals here, and there is talk of at least two other dark horse teams) have softened a bit in the pursuit. Who knows, this could be Boras using us again.

Well he did...He said they have been meeting with Fielder.

This info may mean nothing.

Nothing said here, by anyone, has been what level the Orioles will go in terms of his contract and nothing has said what Fielder would be willing to take to sign here...not to mention what level other teams are willing to go.

A good word from Cecil is a nail in the O's coffin. They do not get along. FWIW Cecil was interviewd on XM and said he thought his kid was going to WAS.

A good word from Cecil is a nail in the O's coffin. They do not get along. FWIW Cecil was interviewd on XM and said he thought his kid was going to WAS.

Hooray! I hope this happens! Pul-eease!!!! Since the O's are percolating on the MASN $, I would love to see Prince in DC and look at NL East, the Nats are for real! I would buy a small season ticket package if that happens!

Well he did...He said they have been meeting with Fielder.

This info may mean nothing.

Nothing said here, by anyone, has been what level the Orioles will go in terms of his contract and nothing has said what Fielder would be willing to take to sign here...not to mention what level other teams are willing to go.

Not exactlt Thias is wgat the OP said. "Fielder's reps and the Orioles have been meeting regularly." "Fielder's reps" are Boras and co. and that doesn't mean they are talking about Fielder. Scot does have other clients.

Hooray! I hope this happens! Pul-eease!!!! Since the O's are percolating on the MASN $, I would love to see Prince in DC and look at NL East, the Nats are for real! I would buy a small season ticket package if that happens!

This is Orioles Hangout.

(Unless I am missing sarcasm in your post?)

Why the severed relationship? At the same time, if they don't get along and aren't on speaking terms, then how would he know his son is going to WAS? Argghhh!

Archived