If you think this Organization Blows, is the laughing stock of MLB, then

Fan4Life

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 2012 Orioles actually look worse on paper than the 2011 Orioles. That’s quite a feat. Baltimore’s success this season will once again hinge on the performance of young pitchers Chris Tillman, Brian Matusz, Jake Arietta, and Zach Britton. Given the collective dump that group took in 2011 the outlook isn’t bright in Charm City. The Orioles’ collection of number four starters doesn’t figure to fare well in the AL East.

Tillman will start the season in AAA at best, possibly even dealt.

The rotation will be: Guthrie, Hunter, Britton, Chen, X.

X = Matusz, Arrieta, Simon, or Wada.

I have to admit, I read most of that article with Rachel Dratch's Debbie Downer in my head.. Wahh Waaaaahhh...

debbie+downer+11.jpg?9d7bd4

LOL... I was searching for any other articles where "respected" baseball people opined on DD to this point. Was wanting other views to put in the basket with Law's. I really couldn't find anything.

Well there's no denying that the Orioles blow, but this article is right on par with them.

I like and understand the sentiment but if the author is too dumb to see why a 9/214 deal for Fielder was a bad idea there's not a lot of hope for him. Even Jtrea who'd throw around blank checks if he had his druthers admitted that the contract was too much.

The Orioles have to build a respectable team on their own first before getting the respect of any high priced free agent. Hell, they have to get the respect of their fans, too.

You're not going to get any denial from me that the Orioles suck. Heck, I wrote a lengthy post after Duquette was hired ripping them to shreds. However, this article is just poorly written, poorly argued, and overall just a poor piece of writing. Playing the "X could happen, but it probably won't" argument is so basic and uninspired that even for this site I've never heard of I expected better. For goodness sakes, folks on here play that argument all the time, but at least they write it better and can back it up with detail and facts, not just, "Well it's the Orioles, so therefore bad is more likely to happen than good." I know this team is awful, but come on, it's not that hard to back up your argument with facts and some justification of why you think something is going to happen.

I get what he meant with that sentence. He's saying it used to be a game where some teams had money, and other didn't. Now though, it's more a game of building a strong organization from top to bottom and maximizing your money than anything.

Still a crap article though. His argument against DD's ML moves are that they're probably going to suck. Thanks bro, that's some really insightful information. He didn't say anything that hasn't already been beaten into the ground.

"I never expected the Orioles to sign Fielder. When rumors of the Orioles? interest in the slugger surfaced late last week I assumed it was just Scott Boras using his industry connections in an attempt to drum up interest"

Then why write this article because he is clearly writing this because he is PO'd they didn't sign Fielder.

Archived