If you think this Organization Blows, is the laughing stock of MLB, then

Fan4Life

The article is spot on. Fielder at 23 million a year is a no brainer for the Orioles they should have done it in a second. They are paying all these players nobody wants and will likely not even be on the team a year from now. By the time you add up all the bums they sign it will probably be close to 23 million. And none of them is going to get a fan interested in the team. The best point the author makes is they haven't been near .500 in 15 years an all-star first baseman isn't going to hurt them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I never expected the Orioles to sign Fielder. When rumors of the Orioles? interest in the slugger surfaced late last week I assumed it was just Scott Boras using his industry connections in an attempt to drum up interest"

Then why write this article because he is clearly writing this because he is PO'd they didn't sign Fielder.

Because they should have signed him. They need him a lot more than the Tigers. They have a lot more available payroll than the Tigers. It is just another example of the Oriole incompetence.

I'm just flabbergasted that while the Organization and the team deserve much of the criticism they have gotten, NOBODY (at least that I can find) sees ANY upside to the organizational and team changes.

I generally prefer being the underdog and thought of as horrible and then kicking your A**... than being touted constantly as a team on the move with regular disappointment....

so.. I seem conflicted..

I just a, flabbergasted that while the Organization and the team deserve much of the criticism they have gotten, NOBODY (at least that I can find) sees ANY upside to the organizational and team changes.

I generally prefer being the underdog and thought of as horrible and then kicking your A**... than being touted constantly as a team on the move with regular disappointment....

so.. I seem conflicted..

Because they are signing journeymen and career minor leaguers. Who is going to see the positive in that? They hired a GM that has been out of baseball for 10 years who has hired a bunch of 75 year old sidekicks. And they proceed to make moves that make Andy M. look like he knows what he was doing. I see Chen as having the potential to be a good signing. Potential. Maybe 1 in 3 chance of suceeding. The others are casts-offs and nobody else wants. Basically DD is assembling a AAA team. Unfortunately the Orioles play in the big leagues.

Judging by his logic, I bet this author lives in a $400,000 house,That was foreclosed on in June when he squatted back in the bank owned home but has to sit on patio furniture in his living room because his Rent a Center Furnishings were burnt for firewood .

That's the guy I imagine. I am constantly amazed at how few people get this. I guess they think that we should just dream up a credit default swap and peddle it to widows.

And the Orioles absoultely stink. But I have a glimmer of hope. And that hope would not have been enhance by Angelos gifting us with Prince Fielder.

Because they are signing journeymen and career minor leaguers. Who is going to see the positive in that? They hired a GM that has been out of baseball for 10 years who has hired a bunch of 75 year old sidekicks. And they proceed to make moves that make Andy M. look like he knows what he was doing. I see Chen as having the potential to be a good signing. Potential. Maybe 1 in 3 chance of suceeding. The others are casts-offs and nobody else wants. Basically DD is assembling a AAA team. Unfortunately the Orioles play in the big leagues.

He's fixing the infrastructure of the franchise. Who is 75 besides the Asian scout Pointivant or whatever?

Can you outline for me what you think we should have done that we didn't do (Fielder aside), and what we did and shouldn't have that would have made feel better about things?

I'm just flabbergasted that while the Organization and the team deserve much of the criticism they have gotten, NOBODY (at least that I can find) sees ANY upside to the organizational and team changes. I generally prefer being the underdog and thought of as horrible and then kicking your A**... than being touted constantly as a team on the move with regular disappointment....

so.. I seem conflicted..

ML team is still terrible and while the off the field stuff is great, we have no idea if the results will be there. Its great that it has been addressed but until results are seen, they are going to continue to be a joke, laughing stock, pathetic or whatever wording you want to use.

We went through this same conversations when AM first came aboard and after he traded Miggy and Bedard...WHY AREN'T PEOPLE TAKING NOTICE OF THE ORIOLES?????

Its because they still suck! Win and they take notice...its that simple.

ML team is still terrible and while the off the field stuff is great, we have no idea if the results will be there. Its great that it has been addressed but until results are seen, they are going to continue to be a joke, laughing stock, pathetic or whatever wording you want to use.

We went through this same conversations when AM first came aboard and after he traded Miggy and Bedard...WHY AREN'T PEOPLE TAKING NOTICE OF THE ORIOLES?????

Maybe it is.

That said, I didn't think the article was that bad. Just a bit pessimistic. I mean, the guy's clearly a glass-half-full guy about his cleverness (that have-have not thing is a groaner) but he's mostly right. The likely outcome is a bad season. The question is, why is this really even that huge a disappointment?

But to say the on the field product is terrible is admitting that you see no upside or changes from the pitching (young pitchers specifically), no real positive changes from Wieters, Jones, Reimold or at least not enough to make any difference.

These are the same players most of us were ballyhooing 2 years ago... have we determined they are a collective bust?

Guest rochester

I do like "...a couple of lottery tickets from Japan." but I can not, for the life of me, remember when someone used the word "blows." People still say that?

Maybe it is.

That said, I didn't think the article was that bad. Just a bit pessimistic. I mean, the guy's clearly a glass-half-full guy about his cleverness (that have-have not thing is a groaner) but he's mostly right. The likely outcome is a bad season. The question is, why is this really even that huge a disappointment?

I didn't even read the article because it doesn't really matter what is said or not said or if it is poorly written or whatever.

The bottom line is we all know what this team is. If people want to not see it for what it is, that's fine...they can do that.

Archived