Construction of the Marlins' new home run...thingy now underway

SammyBirdland

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After Oakland (maybe?) are there any other teams due a new ballpark anytime soon?

I think in the current climate it'll be a hard slog to get any city to come up with $500-750M for a new ballpark. Besides Oakland and maybe Tampa are there any teams that can reasonably claim to be playing in a bad park? OPACY is the 10th-oldest park in baseball, and a lot of the older ones are icons like Wrigley, Dodger, and Fenway. Comiskey and Skydome aren't going anywhere, Kaufmann and the Big A were renovated...

Dodgers? Maybe once they get sold, they'll decided to build a new stadium as well.

I don't think the Dodgers would, unless Frank McCourt does something, you know, Frank McCourt-like with his half of the parking lots. Everything I hear about that park is how nice it still is and how nice of a location it is in. It is that generation's Wrigley/Fenway.

Tampa needs to either build a new park or move. That monstrosity is an eye sore for baseball and a team as good as the Rays deserves some nice digs.

Not only the digs, but the location and situation in general. Across the bridge lies the Tampa Bay Time's Forum, and the TB Lightning draw very well over the course of 41 home games every season.

I don't think the Dodgers would, unless Frank McCourt does something, you know, Frank McCourt-like with his half of the parking lots. Everything I hear about that park is how nice it still is and how nice of a location it is in. It is that generation's Wrigley/Fenway.

Dodger Stadium is okay, but it doesnt compare to all the newer ballparks. Its not a relic but I would consider it dated.

Archived