Edwin Jackson Tweet (O's related)

Lance

I think so. But honestly it's trying my patience at this point, and I've been an advocate for signing Jackson for some time. But at the end of the day, it's February already, spring training is just around the corner, and everything is being held up by a league average starting pitcher. Just make up your mind already, Edwin.
Actually, I think it's being held up by Oswalt.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

•Red Sox GM Ben Cherington won't rule out adding a starter before Spring Training, but he says it's unlikely at this point, Alex Speier of WEEI.com tweets. "I wouldn't expect any major changes between now and the report date," the GM said. from MLBtraderumors.com

more propaganda?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/02/roy-oswalt-rumors-wednesday.html

So you all know how the Orioles reportedly have interest in free agent starting pitcher Edwin Jackson? Well, depending on how you want to interpret his latest tweet, he may have an interest in pitching for the Orioles. Jackson is already on friendly terms with Adam Jones and Dan Duquette is reportedly looking for another arm that can give the team 200+ innings.

Jackson certainly fits that description as he?s thrown 214, 209.1 and 199.2 innings the last three seasons.

Jackson Tweet (granted, he asked people to guess where he'd play so take it for what its worth):

"We gonna see. ST right around the corner and im still a FA @dbard83 @EJ36 man ima run with them O's!!"

Twitter - the fourth sign of the apocalypse. But if I had to read these dense and strange communications, I would say that Edwin is bullish on signing with the O's. There is no way a free agent would insult a potential suitor (bidder) when he's trying to drive his own price up. I hope we sign him, even if we have to overpay a bit.

I wonder how much truth there is to the Nats being interested. Could be another Boras ploy to increase offers.

IMO, it doesn't make a ton of sense for the Nats to trade Lannan in order to sign Jackson.

I wonder how much truth there is to the Nats being interested. Could be another Boras ploy to increase offers.

IMO, it doesn't make a ton of sense for the Nats to trade Lannan in order to sign Jackson.

It wouldn't make sense for Boras to put that out, would it? If it's true, he just hurt the Nationals bargaining position in trade talks - which hurts his client. If it's not true - because it's so specific, the Nationals will just publically shoot it down. Right?

Archived