Guthrie traded to Rockies for Hammel & Lindstrom

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Duquette throwing in the towel on the the Orioles being anything but a last place team in 2012. He traded away the team's best pitcher in order to get a pitcher he "hopes" will be as good as Guthrie while gaining an extra year and some salary relief. He also added a run of the mill reliever that he has to pay $3.3 million for.

Say what you wanted about MacPhail, he never made a trade that had me scratching my head. Duquette has done some good things with the core of this team, but his trading skills leave a lot to be desired if this is the kinds of trades we can expect.

I wonder if unofficially Wada and Chen are now penciled in as 2 of our 5 starters?

Personally, I think they always were. Chen is a lock for the rotation and I always had a feeling that Wada was promised a spot as well, at least to start the season.

There is no way to find some hidden value in this trade. DD wanted depth. I thought he meant minor league depth. The MLB roster only holds 25 DD! What the heck are you doing? Does Rick Peterson know something about Hammel that no one else in MLB does?

I doubt it. I've just lost hope and confidence in DD on this one. Why would Hammel and Lindstrom carry more value than prospects? Even if they were lesser prospects than we wanted?

:confused:

Well, good luck to Guthrie in Colorado. I'll be rooting for him.

I don't get this trade. On the surface it looks like a wash and I have to be honest, I think I'd rather have Guthrie.

Maybe it works out, maybe DD can flip them to another team for a decent prospect, either now or at the deadline.

So far, DD's trade abilities are lackluster.

Archived