Keith Law on 105.7 right now

cwalker3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like the Cam Cameron situation. Everyone wanted MacPhail gone, and now we wish he was back. Everyone wants Cam gone, but maybe he is better than anything out there.

The difference is, the Ravens recognized this while the Orioles did not. (actually, the O's did, but MacPhail ran for the hills.)

What specifically is he saying? Anything we haven't heard a million times before?

Same stuff for the most part. DD is out of touch, Guthrie trade was a waste, Wada's not a ML pitcher, FO full of PA flunkies, etc. Like I said, unfortunately I can't disagree with much that he says.

Same stuff for the most part. DD is out of touch, Guthrie trade was a waste, Wada's not a ML pitcher, FO full of PA flunkies, etc. Like I said, unfortunately I can't disagree with much that he says.

Outside of maybe DD is out of touch and Wada being an ML pitcher, I struggle to understand how anybody could disagree with any of that.

This is like the Cam Cameron situation. Everyone wanted MacPhail gone, and now we wish he was back. Everyone wants Cam gone, but maybe he is better than anything out there.

The difference is, the Ravens recognized this while the Orioles did not. (actually, the O's did, but MacPhail ran for the hills.)

There were better candidates out there to replace MacPhail, they just wanted no part of this running joke of an organization.

Duquette may still be better than MacPhail but it's not looking good so far.

I have no problem with how the offseason has gone except for DD faking interest in signing impact free agents. Cespedes is the latest joke on Oriole fans. The Guthrie trade is a wash, which is all you can expect out of a borderline #4 starter on most teams.

He ripped the organization to shreds, but it wasn't anything we didn't know already or haven't heard a million times. Mostly paraphrasing here, but he said the O's won't compete for at least another 4-5 years. He bashed the scout shakeup, saying that it's an antiquated philosophy that no one else in baseball adheres to anymore. PGA, his sons, and the Stockstills have way too much say in baseball ops. They won't give up control, which is why LaCava ran for the hills. Dysfunctional would be being kind. Jays on the cusp of being really good, the Rays already do everything right in terms of D&D and the MFY/Sox are financial behemoths. Basically, there's zero hope. Ho hum.

Silver lining? He's real high on Bundy being a legit TOR guy.

Outside of maybe DD is out of touch and Wada being an ML pitcher, I struggle to understand how anybody could disagree with any of that.

I'd say it's very reasonable to think DD is out of touch now. He's been coaching little league at his academy for the last decade. Was not in demand in any way whatsoever and he "restocked the front office" with a bunch of oldtimers who were most relevant when he was last in office a decade ago. That would be the definition of out of touch right there in my opinion.

And he seems to be following a Moneyball model that was a movie out last year...a book out YEARS ago...and a model that's been adopted by every organization in some fashion. I mean the Yankees have something like 33 statisticians on staff now I think I read. Red Sox a similar figure. He's not going to "Solve Baseball Pi" with the crack team of stat folks he's put into the warehouse compared to the competition. Especially since some of them are old enough to pre-date calculators.

I understand Law's point of view and mostly agree with what he says...but do we constantly have to be reminded of it? I'm trying to figure out why they even invite guys like this on their programs. They could just tape it and replay it whenever they feel like going on an Orioles bash-fest.

Again...not saying it's undeserved...but enough is enough.

I understand Law's point of view and mostly agree with what he says...but do we constantly have to be reminded of it? I'm trying to figure out why they even invite guys like this on their programs. They could just tape it and replay it whenever they feel like going on an Orioles bash-fest.

Again...not saying it's undeserved...but enough is enough.

IMO, we can't be reminded enough.

Archived