It sounds like Flaherty is Buck's "Project" for this year.

wildcard

Last year Buck took a shine to Andino. Buck showed a lot of faith with him and brought him along to be a solid major leaguer by year's ended. Now Andino is part of the first team.

Now, I hear Buck talking about Flaherty and it sounds similar. He thinks DD stole Flaherty from the Cubs. Buck really likes the underdog with some ability. I'd say Flaherty will have to play his way off the 25 man roster for him to not to go north with the team.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure either one of them would in that case. I'd see the bench as:

Miller

Chavez

Flaherty

Teagarden

Betemit would be the DH but he can play IF/CI if needed.

My gut says Chavez, Teagarden, Flaherty and Antonelli. I don't think the team needs a 5th outfielder on the bench because Andino and Betemit could play the corners in a pinch. Buck seems to like Flaherty and thinks he can stand at SS in an emergency. I think Antonelli was a big target for both DD and Buck from the beginning of the offseason. He's their reclamation project. Miller kind of fell into their lap.

My gut says Chavez, Teagarden, Flaherty and Antonelli. I don't think the team needs a 5th outfielder on the bench because Andino and Betemit could play the corners in a pinch. Buck seems to like Flaherty and thinks he can stand at SS in an emergency. I think Antonelli was a big target for both DD and Buck from the beginning of the offseason. He's their reclamation project. Miller kind of fell into their lap.

Agree completely. Buck is giving Flaherty every opportunity to make this team. And, I believe that Antonelli will be the choice over Miller, hands down. That's the bench I'd like to see. Chavez can play all three outfield spots. Betemit, Antonelli and Flaherty give them flexibility for all infield spots. Plus Teagarden who did a great job calming Bundy yesterday. I like that bench.

Last year Buck took a shine to Andino. Buck showed a lot of faith with him and brought him along to be a solid major leaguer by year's ended. Now Andino is part of the first team.

Now, I hear Buck talking about Flaherty and it sounds similar. He thinks DD stole Flaherty from the Cubs. Buck really likes the underdog with some ability. I'd say Flaherty will have to play his way off the 25 man roster for him to not to go north with the team.

Where did you hear this? It would be great if you had a link.

I'll tell you what... I think Flaherty is a real prospect worth sacrificing a 25 man spot for. I'm glad to hear that Buck likes him too.

I'm not sure either one of them would in that case. I'd see the bench as:

Miller

Chavez

Flaherty

Teagarden

Betemit would be the DH but he can play IF/CI if needed.

Only Chavez will be the starting right fielder. So there is that. Otherwise, I agree.

You don't give up your 7th best prospect without a fight.

I think Flaherty makes the team, because the only other option is to lose him back to the Cubs. I am not sure about Miller or Antonelli, but I know that Johnson is here on a minor league deal. After looking over Millers numbers, I just don't see much with him. I hope I am wrong, but he looks to be a very toolsy, non player to me. A lot of decisions will have to come down to options as well as trying to send the best team North, but I doubt they plan to send flaherty back.

Archived