Mussina elected to Orioles Hall of Fame! (Also Dauer and Youse) w/Mussina reaction

Frobby

Are you happy that Mussina was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy that Mussina was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame?

• Yes - he deserved it based on his pitching, so he should be in
    • No - he was disloyal and should have been kept out

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't fault Mussina. I just can't. He gave the Orioles a team friendly deal the first time, and he deserved the big payday. There is absolutely no doubt in my entire being, that if Angelos didn't low-ball him, Mussina would have played his entire career as an Oriole. I'm angry at Angelos for screwing the pooch, not for Mussina getting the payday that he deserved. Some people make it seem like the guy couldn't wait to get to FA, so he could run and join the Yankees. That simply was not the case. He felt snubbed, he deserved a better deal then Angelos was offering, and he left. Hard to fault him for that.

I fault him for not allowing the O"s to trade him at the deadline and for not keeping his word when he told the O"s that he"drive them a chance to beat any offer. I believe that he and his agent strung along the o"s and the fans for months all the while knowing he was leaving.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thank you. It's good to be back. I haven't been back since I retired. It's really nice to come out of the first base dugout for once. I want to thank everybody involved with the Orioles, Orioles advocates, fans, staff, everybody, the players I played with: Brady, Cal, and the list is endless. I want to thank my family for enduring eighteen years in the major leagues. And, everybody, I hope we get this game in because I hate rain. Thank you very much."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24212697&c_id=bal

I fault him for not allowing the O"s to trade him at the deadline and for not keeping his word when he told the O"s that he"drive them a chance to beat any offer. I believe that he and his agent strung along the o"s and the fans for months all the while knowing he was leaving.

This makes complete sense, until you factor in Angelos saying flat out, he would never pay a pitcher a 15M dollars a year, thus making the whole "I'll give you a chance to beat any offer" point, moot, as that is what it would have taken.

I'm disappointed by his speech. I was hoping that he would say something about him leaving for the Yankees. Something like "I know my decision to leave was hard on you guys but I want to let you know that I really enjoyed my time here as an Oriole and am proud to be a part of the tradition." Or something along those lines but nope.

I'm disappointed by his speech. I was hoping that he would say something about him leaving for the Yankees. Something like "I know my decision to leave was hard on you guys but I want to let you know that I really enjoyed my time here as an Oriole and am proud to be a part of the tradition." Or something along those lines but nope.

He said that in the radio booth. Man, we make so much about this, and there is really so little to blame on Mussina. Blame Angelos. He would have stayed if he ponied up.

He said that in the radio booth. Man, we make so much about this, and there is really so little to blame on Mussina. Blame Angelos. He would have stayed if he ponied up.

Oh ok I didn't catch him on there. I'm not blaming anything on Moose I have no ill will towards him I was just a bit disappointed by his speech on the field. He doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. Once an Oriole always an Oriole in my book.

He did this. The Os' made an offer after the MFY's offer, but is was for less. He was willing to settle for a lot less if the Os' would have made an offer prior to that season. They didn't and after the season was over he decided to test the waters. The MFY's actively wooed him, and only after they made an offer, did Pa make his for less. PA blew it pure and simple. No flies on Moose IMO.

Hahah. Like the others that were bamboozled by this clown, you actually thought he cared. He doesn't care about the fans and never really did.

Great pitcher, not so great a person. Hell, I can remember his own brother bashing him back in the day. Either way, I'm glad its over so now we can get away from Mu$$ina talk for good.

Now I see why people despise you. Isn't your hall of fame Moises Alou and umm......Pedro Martinez? Maybe Gary Carter?

Why people despise me?:) That's nice:)

Not sure why that is allowed on the board, but glad it makes you feel better to insult people personally.

Archived