New food at Camden Yards

Going Underground

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, lines could be alleviated if they had more food vendors in the stands. I didn't see one Hot Dog or Pretzel guy. I saw several thousand beer vendors, a cotton candy guy, and an ice cream guy - and I was sitting in the lower bowl.

Did anyone see a hotdog guy?

Hated the way they handled the Gino's line. Taking orders and then piling everybody into a little waiting area for their number to be called. Was surprised by how far behind they fell, you know you're going to sell hamburgers, keep 'em ready.

With that said, little trick to get through faster get chicken. I got a Gino's Giant and anybody that got chicken had their number called immediately.

Jack In The Crack, as I call it, recently improved their burgers. You can detect some spice in the meat. I refuse to eat at Carl's Jr anymore. They made me sick twice and my roommate sick once, different locations of course.

Five Guys is ok. I don't like their fries. Same with Cheeburger Cheeburger.

I don't know if it's been mentioned... Roch mentioned yesterday that Ripken's Power Shred Jerky will be available at the stadium. He said it was the best he's ever tasted. I searched and ordered some. It's very expensive but so is the incredible stuff I order from Texas. We'll see.

http://www.nbsmokehouse.com/Item/Browse?cat=j20-04

For that kind of money I would have expected some more exotic meat choices.

For that kind of money I would have expected some more exotic meat choices.

Well, they have a sampler with 6 kinds. Turkey and pork are kind of exotic... for jerky. :P The turkey and pork are the best two btw.

I'll tell you the difference between NewBraunsfels (and hopefully Power Shred), Stuff you buy in stores, JackLinks etc. It's very tasty for about 30 seconds. But then you have a mouthful of tasteless cellulose. The NB you can chew for 5 minutes, chew it to dust, and it still has plenty of flavor.

Well, they have a sampler with 6 kinds. Turkey and pork are kind of exotic... for jerky. :P The turkey and pork are the best two btw.

I'll tell you the difference between NewBraunsfels (and hopefully Power Shred), Stuff you buy in stores, JackLinks etc. It's very tasty for about 30 seconds. But then you have a mouthful of tasteless cellulose. The NB you can chew for 5 minutes, chew it to dust, and it still has plenty of flavor.

Which is fine, and I am glad you enjoy it. If I am spending real money on Jerky I want the option to order Venison, or Buffalo, or Ostrich. At least something mildly off the beaten path.

I don't know if it's been mentioned... Roch mentioned yesterday that Ripken's Power Shred Jerky will be available at the stadium. He said it was the best he's ever tasted. I searched and ordered some. It's very expensive but so is the incredible stuff I order from Texas. We'll see.

http://www.nbsmokehouse.com/Item/Browse?cat=j20-04

I got the Power Shred as a gift and it was the best I have had.

I was at Saturday's game, looks like beer prices went up for some of the Craft brews on Draft. Last year there were 7.50, this year a Flying Dog Pale cost me 8.50 Ugh!! Later in the game I went into that bar on the 3rd base side of the Stadium and got an EVO porter bottle for 8 bucks.

I was at Sunday's game. I did see the one hot dog guy come by twice in the stands. Cotton candy and Lemonade and the multiple beer vendors. The lines were not long but the crowd was only 14,735. Gino's did not have any line . I think the prices are steep at Gino's. The combos were 12 to 16 bucks. The rooftop bar is nice. You can't see the game from all parts of it. Dempsey's looked ok but did not see any prices on the menu they had on the table. I think they had a $10.00 omelette. Stuggy's hot dogs were $8.00. Onion rings are $5.50. Prices are not cheap but no stadium is.I bring food from outside.

Archived