New food at Camden Yards

Going Underground

The lines were horible, but there is really no way to properly prepare and staff that event for 47,000 fans when they will average 20,000. There is really not enough room and you would need 5k fully trained temp workers. Not happening. They can ramp up to handle 30k, but not full capacity. THe liberal food policy of Camden yards is at it's finest on days like yesterday. Bring your own or eat before (Thanks Jimbo And AO!. I stood in two lines all day and after the first one was out of my item one person before me I did not make a purchase. The other one I stood in for five minutes before I declared myself insane.

I disagree. When a concessionaire has a contract to run a facility like OPCY, they have to be prepared for anything. Not being prepared for 47,000 is poor planning IMO and nothing more. Are they gonna use that same excuse when the Yanks or Bosox come into Baltimore for a weekend series later in the year and they get 40,000+?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. When a concessionaire has a contract to run a facility like OPCY, they have to be prepared for anything. Not being prepared for 47,000 is poor planning IMO and nothing more. Are they gonna use that same excuse when the Yanks or Bosox come into Baltimore for a weekend series later in the year and they get 40,000+?

All of the concession stands were running and at capacity, I'm not sure what more they could have done. There was so much foot traffic that putting up temporary stands wasn't really an option.

Had a bad experience tonight. This was my 3rd game of the season so I decided to take a walk around the new features including stopping at Gino's for a burger. I order a burger and a Bud Light. They were out of Bud Light. Ok, so I get a Boh instead. $19.75.

Burger comes, screwed up. Ask for them to fix it, get it back, screwed up again. Get it a third time and it's right.

Go to the condiment stand. No ketchup...in any bottle. Walk towards Boog's, no other condiment stand. Go back to Gino's. Ask the same lady that took my order if someone could refill the ketchup (meanwhile my food was getting cold). Go back, wait another 3 mins. Go back and ask again. Was told they were out of ketchup.

So....

-Out of Bud Light

-Out of ketchup? (btw, this was in the second inning!)

-Order messed up twice

-Overpriced (but what isn't?)

I loathe DNC.

Uhhh....sorry?

No need to apologize to me. This stuff is very important. We can hate on the team losing but if the experience at Camden Yards degrades much there will literally sub 10k games regularly. The lack of product on the field cannot also translate to bad stadium experiences. It might not change our feelings on being a fan, but there are plenty of families and kids that it could quickly turn off (edit: turn off even more).

I got the Power Shred as a gift and it was the best I have had.

It is very good. (The New Braunsfeld's is still better.) I'm a little disappointed tho. The Power Shred comes in three flavors. Original which is kind of sweet. Teriyaki which is of course sweet. And Sweet and Spicy which is sweet and not spicy at all. THEY'RE ALL THREE EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF, just put in different bags. :(

Like I said tho, it is very good jerky! The flavor lasts and it's moist and chewy. Not shoe leather.

I'm curious about this hamburger/crab cake combined. I've never had one, but why would anyone want to desecrate a crab cake with hamburger meat? I really don't even like bread to get in the way of my crab cake. Just give me the crab cake by itself, with some Old Bay on the side to sprinkle on to my taste, and I'll eat it with a fork. Has anyone tried this crab cake/hamburger thing?

I'm curious about this hamburger/crab cake combined. I've never had one, but why would anyone want to desecrate a crab cake with hamburger meat? I really don't even like bread to get in the way of my crab cake. Just give me the crab cake by itself, with some Old Bay on the side to sprinkle on to my taste, and I'll eat it with a fork. Has anyone tried this crab cake/hamburger thing?

Just an aside... Old Bay is also great on broiled steaks. Or grilled I guess (never did that.) Just sprinkle liberally and cook. It's also great sprinkled VERY liberally on spaghetti, to the point that it's really spicy hot.

Just an aside... Old Bay is also great on broiled steaks. Or grilled I guess (never did that.) Just sprinkle liberally and cook. It's also great sprinkled VERY liberally on spaghetti, to the point that it's really spicy hot.

Oh hell yeah.. I use it on everything. It's the secret ingredient in my BBQ rub and fried chicken seasoning!

Oh hell yeah.. I use it on everything. It's the secret ingredient in my BBQ rub and fried chicken seasoning!

Bachelor Food Alert!!!!

It's also real good on an Oscar Meyer bologna and cheese sammich. Sprinkle with Old Bay and microwave for 30-40 seconds.

Yes. It is delicious.

The $8.50 Flying Dog or craft brew beers are in 12 oz cups too. What a elfin joke.

Only 5.5% ABV too (for Flying Dog Pale Ale)...not like you're getting much more ABV for the price and the smaller size cup.

I had a couple 16 oz Boh's at Pickles for $3 each. I need to double that intake and drink one beer inside the stadium and make it last the whole game.

I ain't that rich.

Archived