JAKE Today

OFFNY

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down on the AAA-Farm

JAKE ARRIETA O(vs. AAA- Durham Bulls, 8/29)

IP:O 7 *

H:o. 2 (2 Singles)

R:O. 0

BB:. 1

SO:. 6

Pitches: 82 (53 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.24 [AAA-Norfolk]

* This was a 7-inning game because of the fact that the Tides are playing a doubleheader today, so Arrieta will be credited with a complete-game shutout

Very nice! Righty to balance all our lefty acquisitions?

:) Only half a joke...

Down on the AAA-Farm

JAKE ARRIETA O(vs. AAA- Gwinett Braves, 9/03)

IP:O 5

H:o. 3 (1 Felix Pie Triple, 2 Singles)

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 9

Pitches: 70 (47 Strikes, 23 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.02 [AAA-Norfolk]

Wow - 9 k's in 5 innings. Clearly attacking the zone. If he does that in B'more next year (or some help this year) he can be a very big addition to an already positive looking rotation

Jake finished strong. I assume he'll get called up now. But the truth is, we have more pitchers than we can use, unless the O's have a spate of games where the starter is pulled early.
The more the merrier. Who knows about Tillman, and don't forget the double header with the Jays.

JAKE ARRIETA O(vs. YANKEES, 9/09) *

IP:O 3

H:o. 3

R:O. 3

BB:. 1 **

SO:. 4

Pitches: 49 (33 Strikes, 16 Balls) [4 Balls came on an intentional walk]

2012 ERA: 6.21

* This is Arrieta's career debut as a reliever in the majors.

** The 1 walk was intentional, although Arrieta also hit 1 batter.

I did not watch on TV, but I have to question the wisdom of putting him into this game. This is a pressure-packed game against your biggest rival, perhaps the most significant of the season, an opportunity to make a statement and take first place. There surely would be other opportunities to use him.

I did not watch on TV, but I have to question the wisdom of putting him into this game. This is a pressure-packed game against your biggest rival, perhaps the most significant of the season, an opportunity to make a statement and take first place. There surely would be other opportunities to use him.

Opening Day starter who has pitched a great game or two against the Yankees and so I don't think the pressure was a factor for Jake. I think Buck learned a lot from today's outing.

He was much better than his line indicated. This game is absolutely not on Arrieta. Britton, yeah. The offense, yeah. Gregg, yeah. Arrieta, no.

Archived