Post here when defense cost us the game

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, that didn't take long. 5 games in and defense already cost us a game. Orioles Magic, feel it happen.

By the way, as bad as Reynolds' error was, Andino should have had that first play in the inning as well. It was ripped, no doubt, but it was right to him and went under his glove. Not sure how that was scored a hit?

I propose Andino gets an assist. .5 points?

I'll start putting these in the original post so they're not scattered all about and a little easier to keep track of. I'm only human, and can't watch every inning of every game. If there is a big enough outcry about a play that leads to a loss, I'll add it. Pretty simple. No half points, but multiple players can receive a point on the same play.

I can't remember all of them but I have counted 7 "mistakes" by Reynolds so far in 5 games. They aren't all errors, just plays that should have been made. Like the foul ball that he circled around twice last night. Horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Reimold stinks in left, Davis can't scoop a throw except when he's lucky, and he sometimes drops balls right to his mitt, and Mark Reynolds at third makes me wanna vomit.

Solution?

Reynolds back to first, Davis to DH, Flaherty to third, and cross your fingers that no liners are hit Nolan's way in left.

Reimold stinks in left, Davis can't scoop a throw except when he's lucky, and he sometimes drops balls right to his mitt, and Mark Reynolds at third makes me wanna vomit.

Solution?

Reynolds back to first, Davis to DH, Flaherty to third, and cross your fingers that no liners are hit Nolan's way in left.

Flaherty to third? You are kidding right? You want to make this kid an everyday third baseman?

No. I guess I forgot this thing...:rolleyes:

My point is we have NO ONE better for first or third.

I'd move Andino to third if his bat keeps playing as it is now. We could make one of Davis/Reynolds DH, the other 1B, dump Johnson, and bring up Antonelli. Faherty/ Antonelli could platoon at 2B....... Until BRob returns', of course. :laughlol:

I'd move Andino to third if his bat keeps playing as it is now. We could make one of Davis/Reynolds DH, the other 1B, dump Johnson, and bring up Antonelli. Faherty/ Antonelli could platoon at 2B....... Until BRob returns', of course. :laughlol:

2nd and 3rd have similar offensive projections these days anyway. I would not be adverse to having Dino at third and Antonelli at second.

2nd and 3rd have similar offensive projections these days anyway. I would not be adverse to having Dino at third and Antonelli at second.

Interesting point. It does seem like more teams teams are opting for the better D at third in lieu of the better offense. In addition to the O's, I guess the Tigers didn't get the memo.

Archived