ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/11

OFFNY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Buck Showalter, I really do. One of my the best managers in baseball IMO, but why wouldn't he call the bunt there. That should really show some unorthodox play and maybe next time the 3B creeps up and gets us a base hit.

Frustrating. I would like to see Buck put down the bunt sign more.

Jones has been around long enough to do what he needs to do there. I don't think any manager would call that there.

I love Buck Showalter, I really do. One of my the best managers in baseball IMO, but why wouldn't he call the bunt there. That should really show some unorthodox play and maybe next time the 3B creeps up and gets us a base hit.

Frustrating. I would like to see Buck put down the bunt sign more.

I was at one of our greatest wins in recent years on September 28th of 2005 when we beat the Yankees with a bases loaded 2-out bunt by Melvin Mora in the bottom of the 10th. KO'd the Yankees from the division title.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Brecht has TOR upside.  We’re good at finding #3-#5 types just in developing them, but we need that TOR arm upside and develop. 
    • I thought Baker had a better chance of getting a strikeout. Even though he created that mess it looked like he could have worked out of it.  Generally not in favor of bringing in guys for bases loaded situations unless they’re absolute nails and have an extremely high K rate.  Akin’s K rate is higher this year but I still don’t believe he was the better option than Baker. 
    • We’ve been picking really athletic types when not picking high in rd 1. Position player wise.   2023 - EBJ, Horvath, Josenberger, Cunningham, Etzel Not that are prior picks haven’t been athletic, if you know what I’m trying to say. We don’t take plodders as position players. 
    • Your complete mischaracterization of Os players aside, Miller is likely nothing more than a 60-70 IP reliever with high arm injury potential. (Note: when I say nothing more, I mean that as I don’t think they convert him to a starter next year or even if they do, I think he’s a ticking time bomb) I don’t care how old Kjerstad is, he’s a high end prospect that you control for 6 years and Stowers is an everyday OFer with big power potential. Sure, in a perfect world you get younger talent and if so, that’s fine..but if they got offered that and that was the best deal on the table, they should make the deal. FWIW, I think that deal would get beaten or they would get someone that maybe isn’t ranked as high as Kjerstad but someone younger and maybe more all around upside even if they come with a bigger risk.  
    • 100% in on Kirby. Wouldn’t require much on the prospect front. And has some track record.  That’ll require the Rangers to throw in the towel. Not sure they’re there, yet.
    • Yes to Crochet, absolutely not for Miller, yes to Skubal. Skubal will require a haul, though.
  • Popular Contributors