Nick Johnson

waroriole

Johnson has looked really bad so far, and I hope he doesn't take too many AB's away from Davis. That being said, the reason you don't give up on him is the same reason that no one expects each of Wieters, Reimold, and Jones to finish with 50+ HR this year. It's early.

5 years of sub-par play before this season. Why is he on the team to begin with? I would just release him but if you want you can send him down to Norfolk and see if he gets hot down there. Which I doubt he will.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 years of sub-par play before this season. Why is he on the team to begin with? I would just release him but if you want you can send him down to Norfolk and see if he gets hot down there. Which I doubt he will.

Why do you keep saying things you know are wrong?

I know I am right. He has had a total of 2.5 war over the last five years. There is no reason he should be on the team.

Hmm, let's see. Do you think that low WAR total is due mostly to his talent or...something else? What could that something be? Hmm. Hmmm.

Johnson signed a minor league contract, right?

If that is the case, can he be sent down so that he could play everyday for awhile to get it going?

Once we added him to the 40 and 25 man rosters to start the season he became the same as any other ML player: we have to either use an option or waive/DFA him to send him down. And I don't know if he has an option.

Hmm, let's see. Do you think that low WAR total is due mostly to his talent or...something else? What could that something be? Hmm. Hmmm.

I am sure there are a lot of players that were good in 2006 and not anymore.

I am sure there are a lot of players that were good in 2006 and not anymore.

Yeah, yeah. That's probably it. There's no lurking variable that might explain why Johnson's WAR (remember, a counting stat) is so low in the last few years? Nothing, you know, leaps to mind?

Once we added him to the 40 and 25 man rosters to start the season he became the same as any other ML player: we have to either use an option or waive/DFA him to send him down. And I don't know if he has an option.

No one is going to claim him.

Yeah, yeah. That's probably it. There's no lurking variable that might explain why Johnson's WAR (remember, a counting stat) is so low in the last few years? Nothing, you know, leaps to mind?

Are you talking about steroids or his injury history?

Archived