vs. RED SOX 5/21

OFFNY

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What part of what Hunter did there should be allowed?

Honestly, I think there needs to be an overhaul as it pertains to situation. And to some extent, intent, though I realize that there is no way to prove intent, but in that situation, what he did was more of a mental screwup than any move designed to deceive the runner. Not that what he did would actually deceive the runner, especially one on third.

I just really hate the balk rules. I don't disagree that there should be balk rules, because letting the pitcher deceive the runners willy nilly is obviously not fair. But a lot of the stuff that falls under the umbrella of a balk would never actually deceive the runner. And maybe that actually wasn't one, but when I see something that really seems to me to be more of a pitcher whoopsy instead of a move thats meant to deceive (or worse yet, when a runner tricks the pitcher, wheres the parity in that??) it makes me lament again how much the balk rules just need to be re-examined.

I don't care about Sox homerism. I'm just curious why he thinks Ortiz is a sure-fire HOFer.

Because any fact based, non Bosox cheer leader announcer can see clearly Pappi is a shoe-in first ballot HOFer. :laughlol::D

Because any fact based, non Bosox cheer leader announcer can see clearly Pappi is a shoe-in first ballot HOFer. :laughlol::D

Yeah, like Gary Thorne is alone in the world in considering Ortiz a shoe in HOF'er. Again, people hear what they want to hear.

Archived