vs. RED SOX 5/21

OFFNY

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think Gregg will be a productive part of our BP this year. He doesn't have elite, high-leverage stuff, but he has enough stuff to get your through a few innings where it'll matter. He's got good movement on his pitches right now - mostly got burnt by bad command on two pitches that inning.

I'll be rooting for him, though.

Wait... is the game over?

In all fairness, last year (and the year before that, and the year before that...), it was a foregone conclusion. Past performance is not always indicative of future results, but if not for the hot start this year, most of us would be saying the same thing. I'm a knife edge from it myself.

I actually think Gregg will be a productive part of our BP this year. He doesn't have elite, high-leverage stuff, but he has enough stuff to get your through a few innings where it'll matter. He's got good movement on his pitches right now - mostly got burnt by bad command on two pitches that inning.

I'll be rooting for him, though.

Why will you be rooting him? Just because it would benefit the O's, or do you like Gregg in particular for some reason?

Why will you be rooting him? Just because it would benefit the O's, or do you like Gregg in particular for some reason?

Well, he's an Oriole. True. And I don't really like the way fans have piled on him. I've always been that way.

In all fairness, last year (and the year before that, and the year before that...), it was a foregone conclusion. Past performance is not always indicative of future results, but if not for the hot start this year, most of us would be saying the same thing. I'm a knife edge from it myself.

But come on... the bullpen (sans Gregg, and even including Gregg lately) has been so freaking good. I think it's more likely that the bullpen gives nothing up the rest of the way, and the O's get a few chances to tie the game.

But come on... the bullpen (sans Gregg, and even including Gregg lately) has been so freaking good. I think it's more likely that the bullpen gives nothing up the rest of the way, and the O's get a few chances to tie the game.

That is true as well. I'm just saying there's little use in judging snap thoughts when quite a large sample size has conditioned folks to them, despite recent success.

Well, he's an Oriole. True. And I don't really like the way fans have piled on him. I've always been that way.

Don't you think that he kinda deserves it given some of his pouting and awful results despite his ridiculous salary?

Don't you think that he kinda deserves it given some of his pouting and awful results despite his ridiculous salary?

It's our fault. We never acquired a taste for his pitching, did we ???

Archived