vs. RED SOX 5/21

OFFNY

Don't you think that he kinda deserves it given some of his pouting and awful results despite his ridiculous salary?

Not really. If he was lazy, or a bad clubhouse guy, or didn't care, it might be a little different. But there's no indication that that's the case. He wants to compete and do his job. And, anecdotally, at least, he's a decent clubhouse guy. I don't blame anyone for what they make unless they quit.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Orioles lose this one this could be a big game that they may look back on. Of course it's May, but the last thing the Red Sox needed was more momentum and confidence.

The Orioles had a big lead and couldnt hold it...as they did yesterday. I hope it doesnt become a pattern. This team needs a well pitched game and a break for this pen.

Tommy Hunter couldnt make the pitches tonight. For me, Britton cant get here soon enough.

Agreed on all counts.

If the Orioles lose this one this could be a big game that they may look back on. Of course it's May, but the last thing the Red Sox needed was more momentum and confidence.

The Orioles had a big lead and couldnt hold it...as they did yesterday. I hope it doesnt become a pattern. This team needs a well pitched game and a break for this pen.

Tommy Hunter couldnt make the pitches tonight. For me, Britton cant get here soon enough.

A 3-run lead is a "big" lead?

Nah. If it was like a 4 run lead that was gained very early (1st or 2nd or combined) and held all game, then dropped in the 8th and 9th, maybe. That's the kind of game that really makes you start questioning. But this sort of game really ends up playing out as "they had the better night" if the score holds.

Not really. If he was lazy, or a bad clubhouse guy, or didn't care, it might be a little different. But there's no indication that that's the case. He wants to compete and do his job. And, anecdotally, at least, he's a decent clubhouse guy. I don't blame anyone for what they make unless they quit.

Fair points. I certainly never wish for anyone to fail - and I guess more than anything, his lack of success has annoyed me. Doesn't mean I will root against him though. I've never met the guy, I'm sure his time here has been hard on him.

Archived