Jered Weaver Leaves Yankee Game with a Back Injury

OFFNY

1200 innings of MLB ball without missing significant time -- I think his mechanics have worked out just fine for him, personally.

Well, the next 1,200 innings aren't starting off so well.

Thanks for the stats, but I've got a pretty good idea of his track record....so far.

Well, the next 1,200 innings aren't starting off so well.

Thanks for the stats, but I've got a pretty good idea of his track record....so far.

Sorry, tough to tell what point you were trying to make with the short sniping about his mechanics. Was there something you wanted to discuss with the group? If it's just an offhand comment about "bad mechanics", then I guess I'd just say that I'm confident that Weaver and the Angels will gladly take their 25-26 WAR that Weaver has provided without any remorse that he wasn't "cleaned-up".

That said, obviously a big loss for the Angels if Weaver is potentially out for a significant amount of time.

Sorry, tough to tell what point you were trying to make with the short sniping about his mechanics. Was there something you wanted to discuss with the group? If it's just an offhand comment about "bad mechanics", then I guess I'd just say that I'm confident that Weaver and the Angels will gladly take their 25-26 WAR that Weaver has provided without any remorse that he wasn't "cleaned-up".

That said, obviously a big loss for the Angels if Weaver is potentially out for a significant amount of time.

The only point was throwing across his body the way he does (i.e. his mechanics ), I'm not too surprised to see him have a back injury and am surprised he hasn't injured himself before. I didn't include the word "bad mechanics", I just think his delivery style might be inducive to injury. I watch him pitch quite often (as you could probably guess), but thanks again for providing his stats. I really wasn't searching for a detailed debate about his mechanics .............. but feel free if you think I'm way off base here.

Archived